 Star Wars / 9585
Re: That AT-ST Scout Walker.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Mon, 30 Oct 2000 22:45:46 GMT

My comment was based on LEGO's propensity for taking the least expensive
route to solve a given problem.

The set is supposed to retail for $9.99. I would imagine that it's pushing
that price point with the parts included.

There already exists a mold and a process for painting Chewie. Therefore
it's cheaper to toss him in the set than it would be to make a new AT-ST
driver figure. Supposing they used existing parts, they'd still have to
paint a new torso.

I would suspect that if a new figure were created, it wouldn't stay within
the $9.99 price point.

~Mark "Muffin Head" Sandlin
--
Mark's Lego Creations
http://www.nwlink.com/~sandlin/lego

From: "James Simpson" <jsimpson@rice.edu>

I agree with Jay - Chewbacca scores more "loveable" points with kids and
parents.  I'm also suspicious that Lego may make us salivate for a while
before
we get really cheap Stormtroopers.  I'm actually giving the clueless company
the
benefit of the doubt in regards to the astuteness of their marketing on this
one.