 Star Wars / 9562
Re: That AT-ST Scout Walker. (Hate ThrowUpBots and RoboRipOffs)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Sun, 29 Oct 2000 19:44:41 GMT

"Bradley Dale" <dinosauria_ca@yahoo.ca> wrote in message

The Tie-Fighter and Imperial Shuttle look pretty good, but I despair at • the
lack of real models in the rest of the catalogue.  ZNAP was a failure. • Why
go downhill with more Slizers?  Why can't Lego stick to making Lego?

Jason.

Why does everyone here hate Slizers?  I have two Throwbots, and I think • they
are great.  They are better constructed than most System stuff, with gears • that
make them do things.  And they are a great building toy too, I actually do
Throwbot MOCs.  I don't know about RoboRiders, but I do plan on getting • Swamp
before they are discontinued.

Oh no, am I going to make more disparaging remarks about ThrowUpBots and
RoboRipOffs?

Not this time.  I don't like the ThrowUpBots and RoboRipOffs simply because
Lego is using these types of sets to displace Technic to gain more sales at
a lower price point.  I would have no problem with the ThrowUpBot and
RoboRipOff sets if they had more Technic compatibility.

On the other hand, the Star Wars sets are made primarily of Lego-compatible
parts.  These parts are useful for more than just the Star Wars models.

kirk