 Star Wars / 9500
Re: Ep IV tribute movie using lego chrcters
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Fri, 27 Oct 2000 14:29:42 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Bryan Hodges writes:
In lugnet.starwars, Damien Cassidy writes:
hi,
first post! Does anyone out there know where i could find a version of the
first 10-15 mins of Star Wars Ep IV, the 1979 classic, re-done with lego
people as the characters? Have surfed much ~ no joy, but was directed here
for help...thanks, Damien

I don't think one exists yet...

<snip description of your project>

Yes, one does.  I've seen it, and I'm (fairly) positive I found it via
Lugnet.  That's why I directed Damien here (glad to see you made it!), cause
I *knew* that if something was Star Wars & Lego, someone here knew about it. :)

More info...

It runs up to just after the droids escape the blockade runner in the pod.

It uses the original soundtrack & voices.

For outside shots, it uses original footage.

For inside shots it uses small sets made out of Lego.

It's not particularly new.  C3P0 is a yellow fig, R2D2 is a classic space
helmet on top of a round brick.  I think Darth Vader is a blacktron guy with
a black head & black flared castle helmet, but I might be wrong.

Anyone out there know what I'm talking about?James
James Brown's Parts Sale:  http://www.brickbay.com/store.asp?p=jamesb
4500+ parts, averaging $0.10 per piece.