 Star Wars / 9481
Re: Ep IV tribute movie using lego chrcters
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Fri, 27 Oct 2000 06:44:03 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Damien Cassidy writes:
hi,
first post! Does anyone out there know where i could find a version of the
first 10-15 mins of Star Wars Ep IV, the 1979 classic, re-done with lego
people as the characters? Have surfed much ~ no joy, but was directed here
for help...thanks, Damien

I don't think one exists yet...  I'm currently spear-heading an effort to do
the entire film in lego, but I'm working on getting a domain for it first as
well as setting up guidelines for the creation and what not.  My idea at the
moment is to have the movie done scene by scene by volunteers.  Since it's
going to be a completely non-commericial effort, I hope to get permission
from Lucasfilm to use the original soundtrack from the movie.  I'm going to
try to setup a webpage for it on freeservers this weekend to start
collecting information from people interested in being a part of this
effort.  Once I have a web address ready and some basic guidelines down,
I'll post a message here with the URL.  I've already been e-mailed by
several people who want to volunteer to create scenes.  I've been putting
off responding to them until I can get some guidelines worked out.  If you
want to volunteer now e-mail me at: hobartrus@hotmail.com

If enough people help out we could have this project completed before the
end of next year.  I don't really need any help supporting the project
financially, but there's quite a lot of work which will have to be delegated
out.

-Bryan