 Star Wars / 9582
Re: 2001 Sets When???
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Mon, 30 Oct 2000 21:53:35 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Jason Fabisch writes:

I live in Jersey.  Around here, Toys R' Us is the last to get anything.  Its
a toss up between Walmart, Target, and Zainy Brainy.  When the Falcon was
due, I saw it at ZB about 2 weeks prior to anyone else getting it, and it
was 10 bucks cheaper than the going rate.  But when the Destroyer Droid was
released, Target was the first to get it.  TRU didn't get it until 3 weeks
later.  When the initial sets were released (Xwing, Ywing), Walmart was
first, they were hiding on the top shelf as there was no room for them on
the regular shelves.  Then the second wave (A wing, B Wing, Skiff) it was
Target again who had them first.  The only time TRU pulled though first was
with the last wave, AAT and MTT.  But only by about a week.

Jason F.

Wow, that's amazing 'cause my experiences have been exactly opposite.  TRU
and ZB get 'em first, typically charge $10 more than anywhere else, then a
month or so later they start appearing in the 'marts and Targets.

Oh well, I guess we all gotta just start looking around real hard starting
the end of November.

-Bryan