 Star Wars / 9578
Re: 2001 Sets When???
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Mon, 30 Oct 2000 20:25:33 GMT

Last year I didn't see the "2000" sets here in Colorado until the end of
December... of course, I didn't know to look for them because I didn't read
Lugnet as religiously back then, and so I didn't know they were even coming out.

Your best bet will be to check the larger toy stores (ie: FAO Schwartz, Toys
R Us, etc) as they tend to get these things in sooner.  In my experience
they typically get the new sets at least a month before they start appearing
at the likes of Walmart and Target.  They usually cost a few bucks more, but
it's worth it IMO.

I live in Jersey.  Around here, Toys R' Us is the last to get anything.  Its
a toss up between Walmart, Target, and Zainy Brainy.  When the Falcon was
due, I saw it at ZB about 2 weeks prior to anyone else getting it, and it
was 10 bucks cheaper than the going rate.  But when the Destroyer Droid was
released, Target was the first to get it.  TRU didn't get it until 3 weeks
later.  When the initial sets were released (Xwing, Ywing), Walmart was
first, they were hiding on the top shelf as there was no room for them on
the regular shelves.  Then the second wave (A wing, B Wing, Skiff) it was
Target again who had them first.  The only time TRU pulled though first was
with the last wave, AAT and MTT.  But only by about a week.

Jason F.