 Star Wars / 9587
Re: 2001 Sets When???
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Tue, 31 Oct 2000 03:29:29 GMT

"Jason F" <jfabisch@alphawire.com> wrote in message
news:G39FEL.I5w@lugnet.com...
I live in Jersey.  Around here, Toys R' Us is the last to get anything. • Its
a toss up between Walmart, Target, and Zainy Brainy.  When the Falcon was
due, I saw it at ZB about 2 weeks prior to anyone else getting it, and it
was 10 bucks cheaper than the going rate.
    As I don't have a ZB here in Amarillo, TX, I cannot compare the release
of this model.   But...

But when the Destroyer Droid was
released, Target was the first to get it.  TRU didn't get it until 3 weeks
later.  When the initial sets were released (Xwing, Ywing), Walmart was
first, they were hiding on the top shelf as there was no room for them on
the regular shelves.  Then the second wave (A wing, B Wing, Skiff) it was
Target again who had them first.  The only time TRU pulled though first • was
with the last wave, AAT and MTT.  But only by about a week.
    ...for the rest of the list, the only difference for me was with the
second wave.  TRU got these first here.  For the first series, I found them
at Wal-Mart first, and I believe they only received 1 case of each set.

--
--D M Garcia
http://www.geocities.com/dmglego/