 Star Wars / 9579
Re: 2001 Sets When???
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Mon, 30 Oct 2000 20:30:55 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Jason Fabisch writes:

Last year I didn't see the "2000" sets here in Colorado until the end of
December... of course, I didn't know to look for them because I didn't read
Lugnet as religiously back then, and so I didn't know they were even coming out.

Your best bet will be to check the larger toy stores (ie: FAO Schwartz, Toys
R Us, etc) as they tend to get these things in sooner.  In my experience
they typically get the new sets at least a month before they start appearing
at the likes of Walmart and Target.  They usually cost a few bucks more, but
it's worth it IMO.

Part 2,

forgot to mention. When?  Well, usually the major Legoland stores get them
first.  Then about 1.5 to 2 weeks later, North East States start to get
them.  So once you hear about the first person finding the first set, expect
NE states to get them about 1.5 weeks after that.  Then add a little over
one week for SE and Central, and double that for West Coast.  From
experience, I say we received the first of the new sets in NJ late
November/early December.

Jason F.