 Star Wars / 9518
Re: they are here...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Fri, 27 Oct 2000 16:41:04 GMT

Alejandro Lujan wrote:

As I´ve always said: they ARE watching us...

maybe we can talk them into doing the so much wanted UCS ATST???

Indeed they should be here. We want to speak with them. We love their
products, so of course we want to give them input, hear about what they're
doing, help them out in doing even better products.

We want a UCS AT-ST, a UCS Naboo Fighter, a UCS A-Wing Fighter, a UCS
AAT... Particularly, we want a few Ep1 UCS models before the movie has
moved into the realms of oblivion forever.

I bet those models will propose a RoI problem for Lego, though. The target
audience isn't the broadest, I'd say, and sales will suffer from that
sheer fact. Then again, the currently available models don't feature
(m)any specific parts, so if they have the R&D time to develop a few more,
I sure as hell hope they will. Building the UCS models is definitely the
peak of my Lego experiences after returning from the dark ages.

As for the 2001 lineup, I'm pleased overall, even though the Stormtrooper
looks ugly at a first glance and even though the Escape Pod is probably
mostly aimed at children and even though the AT-ST is ugly as hell
compared to certain MOCs.

The TIE looks great, the Shuttle is great for its price, even though it
should've been larger, two more pods means we can start creating some
really interesting Bontha classic dioramas... And as for making a Battle
Droid army... Yum.

It's great to see all this stuff from Our Favorite Toy Manufacturer,
especially in a time when these companies (Lego included) struggle facing
new competition from console and computer games and the like.

T.
--> thomas weigle  |  w.i.m.p.
    web: http://www.ya-ba.net/
  .iMMersE your soUL in LOVE.