 Star Wars / 9571
Re: What is with the Technic Stormtrooper?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 30 Oct 2000 17:56:44 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Eric Kingsley writes:
<snip>

I think to at least a few of us we don't see a Stormtrooper.  I know you see a
Stormtrooper but to some of us big Star Wars fans we don't see it.  I think
that is what Eric is refering to, although I am sure he will correct me if I
am wrong.

Eric Kingsley

The New England LEGO Users Group
http://www.nelug.org/

I'm a big Star Wars fan, and I see it.  I didn't at first, but the more I
look at it the more it looks like a Stormtrooper.  I think we should reserve
judgement on these new sets until we can hold them in our hands and play
with them...  All we've got is a 2D representation of a 3D toy.

Many of the SW sets looked mediocre IMO when I first saw pictures of them.
The Sith Infiltrator, the MF, the Pit Droid, the Droideka, and even the Pods
looked like junk and nothing like the "real things" IMO.  Being the Star
Wars and Lego fan that I am though I bought the sets anyway, because I must
have everything Star Wars and I enjoy the building.  Once I built the sets I
realized how cool they really are though, and how much they actually look
like their on-screen counterparts.  Some of the pics still make the sets
look like crap IMO, even though I know they are cool.  In fact the only SW
set that I feel was poorly done was the B-Wing set, which I thought looked
really cool in the pictures.

Comment all you want on the pictures of the new sets, but don't judge the
sets until you've actually seen them... they may just be bad photos.

-Bryan