 Star Wars / 9567
Re: What is with the Technic Stormtrooper?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 30 Oct 2000 09:38:20 GMT

Todd Lehman wrote:

In lugnet.starwars, Eric Kingsley writes:
No thats not it.  I agree with you that it is a harder form to accurately
depict without creating new parts but if they could accurately depict a
Stormtrooper or other character then I would be all for it.  LEGO should
not have avoided the Stormtrooper but they should have made the call to
either scrap it when it became obvious they couldn't accurately portray
the character or, put it off for a year until they could accurately portray
a Stormtrooper.

Ahh, yes!  That's how I feel too.

My additional fear is that I wonder if they're planning some Saturday morning
cartoon commercial where they show the Stormtrooper blasting poor Threepio to
bits.  Violence aside, there are two problems with that:  (1) it happened in
Ep5, not Ep1 (and the Technic Threepio we see here is an Ep1 model) and (2) we
never saw Threepio get blasted in Ep5 -- we only saw his parts go scattering.

No, it is an Ep4-6 model. He has modeled as he having the cowlings, even
with a silver cowling instead of golden on one of his legs. I thought
that Todd was a "detail" man..:-)

Selçuk