 Star Wars / 9558
Re: What is with the Technic Stormtrooper?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic, lugnet.year.2001
Date:
Sun, 29 Oct 2000 03:07:02 GMT

Eric Lanteigne <elanteigne@home.com> wrote:
First: where are the studs? This is how a Lego brick is recognized
worldwide. Bring back the studded beams - if Lego doesn't want to use them
in their sets they should at least make them available as spare parts.

Vanishing from technic since at least 1996. It's okay, in my mind, as long
as it all remains compatible. Duplo -> System -> Technic. (And -> Znap, but
that's not exactly the same progression.)

Technic builder (and specially robot builders) try to create designs that are
as frictionless as possible to minimize energy consumption. These "towballs"
certainly have a utility for Mecha builders for legs but they should not be
classified as "Technic" as their sole purpose is to keep thing static.

So are the black connecter pegs technic? Or, for that matter, bricks with
studs?

[Followup-to .technic only.]

--
Matthew Miller                     --->                 mattdm@mattdm.org