 Robotics / 23456
Re: The Great Ball Contraption V3
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 2 Feb 2005 19:03:58 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Russell Nelson <nelson@crynwr.com> wrote:

I'd love to start a GBC activity here in Potsdam,
but .... we need a reliable source of bulk balls.

   Before Steve gave me some balls (oh, the straight lines...), I acquired
enough to run a few modules of my own from various Bricklink purchases. You
could do a GBC by simply mandating that everybody who wants to add to a GBC
brings there own supply of balls, but I think this project could tap out
Bricklink. But I agree, it would be nice if at least a few other folks could
acquire a large lot of soccer balls in other geographic regions.

Well, I do have a very large suppily, and despite sending out hundreds of soccer
balls, I've just scratched the surface.

I have a whole stack of requests, just waiting to be boxed and shipped.  I just need
to get to the post office during work hours...  (sorry)

Steve