 Robotics / 23313
Re: The Great Ball Contraption
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 10 Jan 2005 17:57:14 GMT

Steve Hassenplug writes:
http://www.teamhassenplug.org/GBC/

I notice that the spec says "Currently, there is no standard for
physically connecting modules together."  One possibility is for a
module to grab onto the two corner studs of the input bin of the
module to the right, since that's already a given.

That's a good idea, which I don't think has been suggested, yet.  However, that sort
of requires a module to have corner studs...  :)

This module mostly uses liftarms:

As it turns out, I suspect 90% of the modules will not require interconnection, and
those that do, should be mounted on baseplates, or maybe we can just squeeze them
together with other modules...

Steve