 Robotics / 23284
Re: The Great Ball Contraption
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 9 Jan 2005 21:20:10 GMT

Steve Baker writes:
> Another thought I had was that the organisers might want to consider
> building a stage that has one input hopper and TWO outputs that sends
> balls alternately to the two places.

Yes!  Since the soccer and basket balls are the same physical size,
there is no reason why a module can't work with both.  There is also
no reason why a module couldn't sort soccer balls out one side, and
basketballs out another.

To that end, you need a specification for a "Y" module, which has two
output faces.  Also for a module which has two input faces!  And a
module which is a 90-turning corner and a 270-turning corner.  It's
pretty obvious what's needed for them; it just needs to be written down.

--
--My blog is at angry-economist.russnelson.com  | Freedom means allowing
Crynwr sells support for free software  | PGPok | people to do things the