 Robotics / 23324
Re: The Great Ball Contraption
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 12 Jan 2005 00:42:03 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Brian Davis wrote:
(snip)

   Use your imagination! One of the reasons Steve included my (huge, poorly
spelled, not-yet-ready-for-primetime) list was to show the options that just
a few people could come up with... and there's several of the lift
mechanisms inthe video that are not in my list*, so long as it is, it is
hardly complete! • (snip)
   For other ideas, check out SMART's Crate Contraption... or do a
Brickshelf search on the word "marble" (the Rolling Ball Clock is an example
here)... or do a Google search for "rolling ball machines" or sculptures.
There is a HUGE amount of inspiration out there for this type of thing.

*about that list. I really can spell better than that.

Another awesome source which you may want to link the main page to is:
<http://www.kugelbahn.info/deutsch/haupt/einl.html>

While not in English, it does contain animations of nearly every idea on the
list. Wow!

You can get a rough auto-translation at:
<http://www.worldlingo.com/en/websites/url_translator.html>
Paste in the site's address, select German to English, and wait a few moments.

This is a great idea, Steve (et al)! I am already thinking of how to modify my
LEGO ball pump to fit the standard.

Rick C.