 Robotics / 23443
Re: The Great Ball Contraption V3
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 1 Feb 2005 17:09:24 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Steve Hassenplug wrote:
<SNIP>
In our latest gathering, Tom invited us to his house.  Turns out, we have more
ball contraptions than Tom has table space in his basement.

So, we moved the tables, and set-up on the floor.  Of course the next problem
was that I couldn't fit the whole contraption in one picture.

So, here's two:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Hassenplug/GBC/GBC3/p1290087.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Hassenplug/GBC/GBC3/p1290088.jpg

SWEET!

I have some video, but it appears brickshelf is blocking all video.

That's a bummer..

It's very interesting to note that all the modules conform to the spec.  One of
the modules used to turn the stream has a movable input bin.  The other has an
input bin set far enough out that a module can be placed behind it.

The "hot new module" for this gathering was John's Spybot controlled paddle
wheel.  The wheel was driven from the Spybot, through a differential.  If the
wheel got stuck, the differential would turn, releasing the touch sensor on the
Spybot.  The Spybot would run the motor backward for 1 second, then continue
forward.
Very Nice..

Steve

Hey Steve, how can I get in on one of these gatherings.. I have a mildly
spectacular module I'm working on right now.. I'd love to bring it once I get it
working right...