 Robotics / 23301
Re: The Great Ball Contraption
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 10 Jan 2005 07:50:04 GMT

Steve Baker writes:
> So simply write into the rules that everyone who submits a left hand
> turn has to submit a corresponding right hand turn or they won't
> be accepted.

Excellent idea!  But it's even easier than that!!  Do NOT change the
specification on this account.  It's not necessary!  If somebody wants
to make a single module which can be split into a right-hand turn and
left-hand turn, they can do it without any change in the spec.  Their
module will simply have its own (spec-conforming) internal pair of
input and output boxes that happens to be at right angles to the rest
of the Contraption.

--
--My blog is at angry-economist.russnelson.com  | Freedom means allowing
Crynwr sells support for free software  | PGPok | people to do things the