 Robotics / 23325
Re: The Great Ball Contraption
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 12 Jan 2005 01:36:10 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Steve Hassenplug wrote:
In an attempt to provide Technic & Mindstorms builders the same cooperative
building opportunity that's available to Moonbase, Castle, and Town/Train
builders at Brickfest, we present to you: The Great Ball Contraption. • (snip)
And, a 92 second video (15mb)...  priceless.  Here's one ball passing through
our entire 10 module test assembly.
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Hassenplug/GBC/Video/gbconeball.mpg

Really neat!! Looking forward to getting into this!

I'm particularly interested in construction details of the hopper car and
dumping mechanism. More photos, etc would be greatly appreciated. I've been
trying to build a hopper that can be unloaded mechanically, without much success
(but plenty of frustration). Your solution seems simple and reliable.

Thanks!

FUT lugnet.trains

Rick C.