 Robotics / 23300
Re: The Great Ball Contraption
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 10 Jan 2005 06:12:03 GMT

tmassey@obscorp.com writes:
> Or not:  leave the standard as it is (except for specifying that the space
> above the input belongs to the previous module), and have the organizers
> build (or specificially request) out-of-spec modules to accomplish this.

I agree with the principle of simplicity.  I notice that the spec
implicitly allows you to make an interior corner simply by rotating
the input bin by 90 degrees clockwise as viewed from above.  Any
module which has its input bin in the corner of its module will work
this way.  After all, the specification specifies the output in terms
of a horizontal plane, and *doesn't* specify the path of the ball as
it goes through the opening in the plane.

So every module is an interior corner module already!  And if you have
four people build their modules on a 32x32 baseplate with input and
output boxes to match, you have a continuous loop.

--
--My blog is at angry-economist.russnelson.com  | Freedom means allowing
Crynwr sells support for free software  | PGPok | people to do things the