 Robotics / 23269
Re: The Great Ball Contraption
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 8 Jan 2005 00:04:02 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Steve Hassenplug wrote:
In an attempt to provide Technic & Mindstorms builders the same cooperative
building opportunity that's available to Moonbase, Castle, and Town/Train
builders at Brickfest, we present to you: The Great Ball Contraption.

Are non-LEGO items allowed? I'm just talking small parts of a mostly LEGO
module, not a whole non-LEGO module. One obvious possibility I'm thinking about
is string, but there may be others.

Well, at this point, it's not really a competition, so there aren't many "rules"
beyond the "standard".

So, you can use whatever you want.  For example, the module at the bottom of this
picture has a red & white distance sensor to detect when balls are present.

Of course, if it does turn into a competition, I'm sure some construction rules will
be applied...

Steve