 Robotics / 23248
Re: The Great Ball Contraption
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 7 Jan 2005 16:42:59 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Steve Hassenplug wrote:
To learn more, check out the web site:
http://www.teamhassenplug.org/GBC/

Oh My Goodness!!!  I'm so there for this!!!

This looks like the funnest thing to happen to RCX's since rtl events.

Where does one purchase 20-30 soccer balls?

Dave K

Hidden somewhere on the page above, it says I can suppily you with soccer balls.
Thanks to Christina, I have exactly enough to suppily EVERYONE with soccer balls.
If I run short, I'll just talk with Larry...  :)

And, for the record, the you are not required to use an RCX.  I think 4 of the 10
modules in the video run off a 9v suppily.

Steve

To clarify--are we allowed to use 2 'module spaces' if we want?  As well, I
notice that the train ran along 'outside' the designated module area--is that
allowed as well?  Do we then have to get permission from our neighbouring module
owners to make sure there's no overlapping stuff?

This is great!  I'm excited!  Maybe I'll convince Calum to get rtl going on
this--static GBC displays at our robotic events!

Dave K