 Robotics / 23252
Re: The Great Ball Contraption
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 7 Jan 2005 17:26:38 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, John Barnes wrote:
In lugnet.robotics, David Koudys wrote:
I read that, I just decided to be a little more apparent, as in 'Gee Steve, send
me some balls!' ;)

I have a grande total of, wait for it... 1 soccer ball, and it came with my
Brickfest '04 set.

At your convenience, of course :)

Or someone who owns a soccer ball could measure it and publish the size.

Most craft stores sell a selection of little wooden balls. It might be cheaper
to buy a few about the right size rather than paying to mail genuine Lego ones?
Of course, I'm not a purist :) Would a wooden ball start to infect the rest of
the contraption's Lego parts I wonder .....

"Oh no! Look! A knot hole is forming in that Technic beam over there!!!"

JB

Sure enough, that'll happen.  What about the sawdust envy that LEGO soccer balls
will inevitably suffer from?

Ed