 Robotics / 23268
Re: The Great Ball Contraption
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 7 Jan 2005 23:55:14 GMT

news-gateway@lugnet.com wrote on 01/07/2005 04:11:02 PM:

Should extra width be reserved around the in basket to
allow space for some sort of container to fit over the
basket with room for, say, tipping?

   At this point no - for one thing, the upstream module dumping
needs only have
an output 6 studs wide or so to make sure it all goes into the
downstream input
hopper. The only place I see a strong need for such "extra space" is if • one
robot tries dumping a standard crate into another standard crate (and in • the
Type I standard, we're avoiding the whole issue).

This was my *exact* reason for asking:  tipping containers.  If the tip
left to right (from their space to the next module's space), there is no
need for extra width:  you steal it from your own space..  But if they tip
from front to back (or some other sort of, say, flat rotation of a square
shape), there is.

But that's what Type II is for, I guess...

Tim Massey