 Robotics / 23279
Re: The Great Ball Contraption
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 8 Jan 2005 18:22:59 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Steve Baker <sjbaker1@airmail.net> wrote

<snip>

Another thought I had was that the organisers might want to consider
building a stage that has one input hopper and TWO outputs that sends
balls alternately to the two places.  This would allow you to take
any machines that cause problems because they don't run fast enough
and put them after this special stage so they don't mess up the whole
timing of the system.

You'd also need to build a machine to combine two slow streams back into
a single 'standard rate' stream sometime later.

That's a just a cool idea in general, to have a branching arrangement. Maybe
some 'special' builders could produce modules that either divide or recombine
streams? I am really looking forward to seeing the GBC, and even though I've
never built anything like this, maybe I'll try to make a simple module. Steve,
this is a fabulous concept!

Cyndi