 Robotics / 23811
Re: The Great Ball Contraption
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 5 Apr 2005 17:02:18 GMT

This is great. Someone mentioned a few things about how to connect modules. We
used the new racer track. TexLUG - SA did this for a children's museum a little
over a year ago. They put it on display for about two months in the front
window. (It was still running when we came back 2 months later) I have a video
on brickshelf of the ball lift mechanism. Yours looks to be of a much better
construction that mine. I'll have to hunt around for the pictures and videos of
the rest of the mechanism. The trick is setting your ins and outs. We set them
at the middle of the base plate (32x32) one brick above the plate. You could
have up to 4 output and 4 input points by that logic. But they have to take in a
racers track and empty into a racers track. This would allow you to do curves or
connect various parts all over the contraption. The other item of discussion is
height. We set ours to units of 10 bricks high. We used monorail sanctions to
set certain modules up higher than others. Then with the connections done with a
racer track and the brick dimensions detailed above we had no connection issues.

Email me if you want more details...

In the mean time enjoy the lift video.

Chris