 Trains / Train Organizations / 403
402  |  404
Subject:
module standards
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Wed, 22 Mar 2000 21:46:55 GMT

Reinhard \"Ben\" Beneke wrote:
Next question: is there already a standard for Lego train modules, accepted by
most train clubs? Or is there no compability between any of them?

WAMALUG generally uses 40.25" by 40.25"(4x4 baseplates) square tables.
This allows for a complete circle of track to fit on a single table and
makes penisulas easy.  Our current tables have 2x2 legs that fold into the
tables for storage.  We currently have 13 of these and have 19 more on
the way.  We are currently discussing methods of designing tables without
legs that are attached(bolted/clamped/etc) between legged tables.
This would allow to build tables for ~half the cost of ones with legs.
We also have a 40x60 table that forms the harbor area.

-chris