 Trains / 4994
Re: New LEGO train realism?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Thu, 23 Mar 2000 14:21:23 GMT

In lugnet.trains, John Gerlach writes:
In lugnet.trains, Tom Stangl writes:
Methinks it would be easier in the long run to widen your trailer, or buy a
new one, to run 45x60, rather than the totally oddball 40x65.

Monitary donations will be expected / accepted then...  Oh yea, we'll also
need a bigger truck to *pull* this trailer - it's almost too much for the
vehicle we've got now.

So, if anyone wants to come up with $20,000 to $25,000 for our transportation
system, we're listening.

JohnG, GMLTC

Consider 40 by 60 then. That's a nice round module size, it's 2x4 of the big
grey 48x48 baseplates with one row of the smaller 32x32 baseplates (in the
middle?)

I just have to reiterate (and I'll be making the point again on the call) 65 is
an oddball length. Make the width what you want, that doesn't matter as much
(except for corner modules) but make a few of your modules have standard track
spacing at standard heights. That doesn't mean EVERY module, but some of them,
which allows for interoperation.

Why deliberately forego it for little or no benefit?

++Lar