 Trains / 5028
Re: New LEGO train realism?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Thu, 23 Mar 2000 19:40:09 GMT

In lugnet.trains, John Kelly writes:
I don't know that you can strip away the trucks, trailers and paying for
stuff.

I was trying to get people to calm down from throwing out ideas like "well,
just buy a new trailer" or "just rent a Ryder, never mind that you use the
trailer for storage between shows", which are not particularly helpful
suggestions.

I agree with that completely.  :-)

<Snip>

Even if 40 x 65 is chosen, I still think identifying a few interface points
with known track spacing and elevation is a good thing to do. They should be • at
scenic boundaries too or it doesn't make muche sense to join someone else's
modules in. But that's a good idea anyway.

I agree with this too!!!  wow.  My thought on this is to incorporate some
technic pegs in the wall of the section that can take any bridging strucuture
that snaps on.  So that if there were in some distant or not so distant time a
module that needed to be incorporated, it could.  It would be a nice Lego span
bridge that snapped into both sections.

agreeing with larry (at least on these two points) <mutters and shakes his
head>   :-)

-john