 Trains / 4979
Re: New LEGO train realism?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Thu, 23 Mar 2000 02:25:06 GMT

John Gerlach wrote:

Serious question:  How likely is it that we'll ever be at a show where we need
to think of "compatible modules"?  The closest other train club (so far) to us
is where?  Georgia?  PNTLC?  We only do shows within a few hundred miles of
'home base' (Minneapolis, in case anyone doesn't know that already)...  As
much as we would love to do shows all over the country, it's probably never
going to happen, due to the costs and difficulty of transporting our layout.

Ah, who cares what gauge we make our railroad? No one else is ever going
to build a railroad within 100 miles of us, so the fact that we're
incompatible with everyone else doesn't matter.

- president of a forgotten railroad, ca. 1835... forgotten because by
1860 everyone knew that a standard was needed.

How do you KNOW there isn't going to be a club in chicago? Why do
something likely to be incompatible, and likely to be harder to build.
15 inches is a natural multiple. Why depart?

--
Larry Pieniazek - lpieniazek@mercator.com - http://my.voyager.net/lar

Note: this is a family forum!