 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 500
Re: infrared remote control of LEGO trains using NQC and RCX
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 22 Mar 2000 19:36:03 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, Ben Fleskes writes:
Hope those rumors are true.  So if they are going to do something with remote
switches and such, will it be similar to DCC or radio/infrared control?  I'm
guessing some form of remote control. Perhaps supplying 9v current over the
rails (or battery) and remotely control throttle with radio/infrared.

I'm in hope of getting more realistic stuff too. But I have no idea, what Lego
will bring out in future. And my fear is: as known by bar code truck,
cybermaster and mindstorms nothing fill fit together again.... (Maybe starting
a complete new series of trains, like 1990 with change from 12V to 9V?)

Perhaps my work is needless, but with all my LEGO projects, I had fun with it
and ultimately, that's what I'm after.

That's right of course. The word "needless" was quite to strong, but my
vocabulary wasn't good enough to say it the way I would have written it in
German....

In other news.  My new turntable module is 95% done.  It Measures 96 studs
square, with a 80 stud diameter turntable.

That's long enough for any engine one can imagine.

The turntable is supported by
inside gray curved train track around the perimeter.  I'm now moving on to the
Roundhouse module that is 96 studs square as well.  There will be four bays,
each about 75 studs deep.  My new design is much cleaner and nicer then what
I've done in the past.  It's also very modular so I can transport it easily.

That sounds very interesting to me! My turntable (48 studs diameter) and the
roundhouse with four bays make only one big module of 96x 120 studs. What will
be the colour of the house walls and its roof?

Regards,

Ben (the one with the ABS site....)