 Trains / 4954
4953  |  4955
Subject:
GMLTC Storm Watch 2000
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Wed, 22 Mar 2000 20:32:39 GMT

Mayor Quimby Mobilizes Town Guard, Calls Emergency Session of Members
Storm Watch 2000
(GMLTC Press, Legopolis)

Meteorologists at the national weather service have declared Legopolis to be
smack within the predicted landfall of Hurricane Neal, now spinning somewhere
off the harbor's coast.  The citizens of Legopolis are rightfully frightened
as they had thought, like many, that they were immune to the effects of this
type of severe weather.

"Up to now, all we had to worry about is falling off the edge of the earth."
said one concerned citizen.

Experts warn that this could be a cataclysmic event for our little burb.
Perhaps changing the very fabric of our landscape.  The predict that with the
energy of this storm, even the earth's plates could actually move and possibly
resize into a 45" by 60" proportions.

But not everyone took the news hard, our chief transportation engineer, Mr.
Happenstance saw an upside.  "Now we can finally run those new, cooler, 8 wide
locomotives that they keep talking about."

More details will surely be revealed after a closed door session of the GMLTC
emergency council on Thursday night.  Conference call starts at 7:30pm

-john