 Trains / 4972
Re: New LEGO train realism?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Thu, 23 Mar 2000 00:43:24 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Mike Poindexter writes:
<snip>
I realize that you want to max out the capacity of your trailer, but that
extra 5" will make it extra hard for others to make compatible modules
<snip>

Serious question:  How likely is it that we'll ever be at a show where we need
to think of "compatible modules"?  The closest other train club (so far) to us
is where?  Georgia?  PNTLC?  We only do shows within a few hundred miles of
'home base' (Minneapolis, in case anyone doesn't know that already)...  As
much as we would love to do shows all over the country, it's probably never
going to happen, due to the costs and difficulty of transporting our layout.

Yes, there has been some tentative communication with people at LEGO
concerning us displaying at Carlsbad this Summer, but unless they can finalize
their offer in the next month or so we're going to go ahead with plans to
dismantle the current layout ("Hurricane Neal"!) and rebuild.

Right now, I'm thinking the Carlsbad thing isn't going to happen for us...

JohnG, GMLTC