 Trains / 5000
Re: New LEGO train realism?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Thu, 23 Mar 2000 16:11:29 GMT

John Gerlach <john.gerlach@bestbuy.nospam.com> wrote in message
news:FrvorK.DuA@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.trains, Tom Stangl writes:
Methinks it would be easier in the long run to widen your trailer, or buy • a
new one, to run 45x60, rather than the totally oddball 40x65.

Monitary donations will be expected / accepted then...  Oh yea, we'll also
need a bigger truck to *pull* this trailer - it's almost too much for the
vehicle we've got now.

So, if anyone wants to come up with $20,000 to $25,000 for our • transportation
system, we're listening.

JohnG, GMLTC

Listen to this one:

Rent a U-Haul.  You can get them fairly cheap and only need them for the
shows.  Then you can take as many modules as you can afford to make.  How
many times can you rent a U-Haul for the $5,000 you spent on the trailer,
plus the cost of licensing your trailer.  When you need even more room, get
a Ryder truck.  That ends your need to get a bigger car to haul it and also
saves the transmission on the vehicle you have, as I am sure that the loaded
down trailer puts some strain on the vehicle towing it.

Outside of that, you have the trailer for storage.  I can't help you much
there, unless you want to store the layout here in CA, where I can easily
convert my 40'x80' shop to permanently showcase your layout, making my house
the Lego Train Mecca.  Seriously, though, doesn't anybody have the room
there to keep the thing set up?

Also, if you want to come up with that much money, hold a parts auction.  I
am sure that there are a ton of parts sitting around in large quantities
that you don't use.  If there is a guy who wants to buy 10,000 pitchforks,
maybe there is somebody who wants to buy 2,000 CRAPPs.

Mike Poindexter