 Trains / 4968
Re: New LEGO train realism?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Thu, 23 Mar 2000 00:05:51 GMT

The tables used by the NGLTC where built using the original standards published by
the PNLTC. They are a bit narrower (to fit the mini van) but are the same height
and use the same basic principle of connecting together. Only one table of the
entire group ever has four legs attached, the rest share at least one leg from the
other tables. I am working on a way to make some folding legs, since transporting
all those legs and bolting them on is becoming a pain. The nice thing is that they
are very sturdy and can handle any 4 year olds that break past our ropes.

jt

Larry Pieniazek wrote:

In lugnet.trains, Reinhard "Ben" Beneke writes:

Next question: is there already a standard for Lego train modules, accepted by
most train clubs? Or is there no compability between any of them?

Short answer: No standard

Long answer: There is no standards making body. But there were defacto
standards...

There WERE two standards, sort of. PNLTC and other "non legomodular" clubs
seemed to be working to one module standard. At least that's my impression.
Someone from North GA LTC might be better

GMLTC had set another standard for legomodular by being first. And BAYLTC was
going to follow it, or at least be compatible.

But as you've seen there's a bit of a sea change underway.

++Lar

James J. Trobaugh
North Georgia LEGO Train Club
http://www.ngltc.org