 Trains / 5029
Re: New LEGO train realism?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Thu, 23 Mar 2000 19:47:05 GMT

We use 1/8" thick plexi on the side of our layouts. It has several benefits.

-Keeps straying fingers away from the layout.
-Helps keep pieces from 'wandering' away.
-Keeps the trains, when they derail, from going on the floor.
-People can still get up close to the layout.

In thinking about module size, also think about a standard for the bolt holes
in the side.  PNLTC bolt holes are on ~10.08" centers (32 stud centers) and
about 1.5" down from the top surface of the table.  We have a metal drill jig
we use to drill all the holes to make sure they go in the same place.  The
same bolt holes you use to bolt the tables together, can be used to hold the
plexiglass on the side.

Ben Fleskes
PNLTC

In lugnet.trains, Dean Husby writes:
Our group (The VLC) are about to meet to select a table format. We are leaning
towards the PNLTC standard tables. We will be adjusting the width for maximum
usage. I'm even thinking of bolt on Plexi glass to 'protect' our layouts.

I've been reading with great interest in the discussions here.

Dean
--
TFM's Home Page: http://www.akasa.bc.ca/tfm