 Trains / 4966
Re: New LEGO train realism?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Wed, 22 Mar 2000 22:48:05 GMT

Somehow, 65" doesn't sound right to me.  Whole baseplates would be best, no?
If you are going to go that long, why not bump up to 80" so that you can use
standard hollow core doors for table tops.  It would be an inexpensive
solution...

Build On!

John Matthews

John Gerlach <john.gerlach@bestbuy.nospam.com> wrote in message
In lugnet.trains, Reinhard "Ben" Beneke writes:
In lugnet.trains, John Neal writes:
Looks like we will be switching to a 40" x 65" table (all dimensions • were
based on maximizing our trailer space).  Also, we will not maintain a 20
brick high level, but move from a minimum of 5 up to 20 and higher.

Would someone please give me the size in studs: I have no feeling for • other
non metric systems....

14 tables, each 40" x 65" (128 studs x 208 studs).  Total layout • dimensions
should be 672 studs x 1040 studs.  Low end will have tracks at 8 (10?) • bricks
above the baseplate, high end will have tracks at 20 bricks above the
baseplate.  Tentative plans are to have mountains 50 to 60 bricks high at • the
'high' end of the layout.

This is all still in the planning stage, we haven't even figured out what
might go where.  But, we know it's going to be fun to build!!

JohnG, GMLTC