 Trains / 4952
Re: New LEGO train realism?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Wed, 22 Mar 2000 20:21:53 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Reinhard "Ben" Beneke writes:

Would someone please give me the size in studs: I have no feeling for other • non
metric systems....

the 32x32 baseplate is a nominal 10 inches square... So that means that a 45 x
60 inch module is essentially 3x4 of the monster 48 stud square baseplates. • (or
4.5 x 6 of the more normal sized ones)

Thanks Larry for your answer to poor foreigner without knowledge of
inches....

Next question: is there already a standard for Lego train modules, accepted by
most train clubs? Or is there no compability between any of them?

Regards,

Ben