 Trains / 4969
Re: infrared remote control of LEGO trains using NQC and RCX
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 23 Mar 2000 00:01:48 GMT

Larry Pieniazek wrote:

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, Reinhard "Ben" Beneke writes:

In other news.  My new turntable module is 95% done.  It Measures 96 studs
square, with a 80 stud diameter turntable.

That's long enough for any engine one can imagine.

Maybe. I doubt it, though. :-) US locos need their tenders attached and I think
loco's we've seen posted already may have size issues, for instance Dan's Big
Boy.

were someone to build an Erie Triplex, that would be even bigger.

IIRC, the big boy was longer than the triplex despite having fewer drivers <not
that you are wrrrrrr, prolly a bad recall on my part>

-John

On the other hand, Erie Triplex locos never fit on real turntables either IIRC.

++Lar