 Castle / Castle Organizations / Castle World / *1621 (-100)
  Re: Hello!

(...) I think the line above ... adequately describes what John H. Kruer is doing with his lego castle publishing. He is looking forward for his birthday in hopes that his parents get him a (real) digital camera. Scanning is a possibility. Having (...) (22 years ago, 25-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  Re: Hello!

(...) :\ If you have access to a scanner, I'd highly recommend using that to either scan photos of the characters or scan the characters themselves. Here is a cheap self promotion, I mean great example: (URL) ;) (...) Yeah, the person who made the (...) (22 years ago, 25-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  Hello!

Well, I joining castle world...(email's coming) and here's a small teaser using my Legocam. Click on the stopmotion. (URL) thinking about joining IOM... I can get pretty good pictures out of my legocam. But there's been no updates at all. What's (...) (22 years ago, 24-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  Re: BrickFest 2002 "Gathering" Ideas

(...) I just spoke to Christina about this, and we may actually run into some space problems depending on what rooms we have, and how many people bring stuff etc. If 35 castleheads all bring 16 baseplate castles, that's really awesome. But there's (...) (22 years ago, 20-Mar-02, to lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  Re: BrickFest 2002 "Gathering" Ideas

(...) There will be official registration later on - be sure to check out the main site: (URL) sure you'll hear a lot about it as the time draws near though. As far as CW, I think it's up to us to undertake that - because I'm not sure if I will be (...) (22 years ago, 18-Mar-02, to lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  Re: BrickFest 2002 "Gathering" Ideas

Sorry for resurrecting a possibly dead thread, but I really wanna attend Brickfest this year. I think it would give me a better understanding of the Castle World community which I am a part of. So, I have a couple of questions for seasoned (...) (22 years ago, 17-Mar-02, to lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  Re: BrickFest 2002

(...) Carlo, Not far from the location where Bricksfest is being held is this nation's capital. Have you or they ever seen it? The Washington Monument was recently opened again to the public with a new overhaul including elevators. The Smithsonian (...) (22 years ago, 14-Mar-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  Re: BrickFest 2002 "Gathering" Ideas

(...) I think I can supply the trees this year: (URL) Goodness! ^_^ Jeff (22 years ago, 14-Mar-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  Re: BrickFest 2002

(...) Oh thanks (I won't turn this into a full blown war ;) (...) Many commuter/domestic commuter airports there are. Choose you will. Bishop is a pretty good one to fly out of. Down here as in Lansing--Detroit--Flint???? You will want to either (...) (22 years ago, 14-Mar-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  Re: BrickFest 2002

Rick, Don't know where you are coming from, but would driving be a cheaper alternative? You also might be able to catch a ride or carpool with anybody driving...(I'm already planning on attending--and will probably be driving from Atlanta) As for (...) (22 years ago, 13-Mar-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  Re: BrickFest 2002 "Gathering" Ideas

(...) More planning would definitely be better, though it would still be good to allow for freeform at least around the edges. Unfortunately, someone else will have to supply the trees and whatnot for sprucing up the area since I won't be bringing (...) (22 years ago, 13-Mar-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  Re: BrickFest 2002

(...) Please Kai, don't come out of the closet. >:D All kidding aside, about Brickfest, I am in the process of gathering money for a plane ticket down here to Washington DC for the Friday and Saturday of Brickfest. I would love to stay on Sunday, (...) (22 years ago, 13-Mar-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  Re: BrickFest 2002

(...) There are a fairly good deal of everyone's sig-figs stranded at odd places on the IOM, so I doubt if, logically, another gathering would be feasible. But who says we need logic? How about this for a crazy idea to combine a gathering and (...) (22 years ago, 13-Mar-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  Re: BrickFest 2002

Looks like Shiri and I posted pretty much the same idea at about the same time. A fair amount of planning will be necessary but this is very doable. We just need to figure out how many of us are interested, who wants to build what, and how much/what (...) (22 years ago, 13-Mar-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  Re: BrickFest 2002

Cool, I'll be there! This time I won't have found out about it 48 hours before it kicks off! (...) I'm not part of CW, but in terms of castle stuff generally, I am planning on bringing my biggish castle which I have been working on since last fall. (...) (22 years ago, 13-Mar-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  Re: BrickFest 2002 "Gathering" Ideas

(...) I think it is as a big Rubbermaid container. (...) Notice how Shiri takes a spot front and center <g> (...) You may want to get a couple of photo examples to help make sure everyone understands what you wrote, you would hate to get there and (...) (22 years ago, 13-Mar-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  Re: BrickFest 2002 "Gathering" Ideas

(...) Heh, if I knew what a Roughneck was I'd probably understand :-) Yeah, 90% is a pretty good chance. My tests should be over by then, definitely, so things are looking up. (...) Oooh, a large MOC on IOM? I'm intruiged :-) I was thinking we (...) (22 years ago, 13-Mar-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  Re: BrickFest 2002

(...) Oh my, looks like there are going to be a lot of teens attending this year. Maybe I should come out of the closet and come this year....... Kai (22 years ago, 13-Mar-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  Re: BrickFest 2002

(...) Well I Would love to come, since the train ride is only about 3 hours but unfortunately i might only be able to spend one day, unless i can convince my family that going to Virginia will be a good experience and i good place for a vacation ;) (...) (22 years ago, 12-Mar-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  Re: BrickFest 2002 "Gathering" Ideas

(...) Awesome! Thanks for the update Shiri, I've been waiting for the official dates for a while now. (...) Cool, 90%'s a pretty good chance, eh? I, for one, don't plan on being square. My dad and I are driving over, so I can bring one of my big (...) (22 years ago, 12-Mar-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  Re: BrickFest 2002

(...) Well I sadly did not attend last year. I realy dindn't post anything last year because The whole school year was test test test. The time is great and it it on a weekend so my dad wont miss work. The gathering was cool but lets not get in a (...) (22 years ago, 12-Mar-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  Re: BrickFest 2002

XP .castle.org.cw (...) Dear everyone, The dates for BF 2002 are published: July 19-21, 2002! I for one, will 90% surely be there, and so will you (unless you plan on being square!) So, guys, I'm ready & waiting. What will CW put on this year? Our (...) (22 years ago, 12-Mar-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  Re: CW Story: An Unexpected Reunion

(...) Cool, thanks for the compliments Shiri! Wilson (URL) ride the spiral to the end and may just go where no one's been. . . (22 years ago, 8-Mar-02, to lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  Re: CW Story: An Unexpected Reunion

(...) Congrats on getting your chapter done! It's very good. I agree with Pawel - the lighting lends a lot of feel to the chapter. I like how the fire is luminous... very sweet. Good plot twists, cliffhanging! Altogether a good job and I'm lookin' (...) (22 years ago, 8-Mar-02, to lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  Re: CW Story: An Unexpected Reunion

(...) Daniel Ravenda's reply (from his reply to Chris's village): (...) Yeah, I wanted to include that little twist in there, just to enhance the cliffhanger effect. (...) Yes, I like creating stories in the forest too, because you can pretty much (...) (22 years ago, 8-Mar-02, to lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  Re: CW Story: An Unexpected Reunion

(...) Thanks, I really tried to adjust the lighting to convey the feeling of each scene. After Jeff Stemble and a few other pointed out on my Cave of Exile story, that the pics should be darker, I've really been taking that into consideration on all (...) (22 years ago, 8-Mar-02, to lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  Re: CW Story: An Unexpected Reunion

(...) Thanks Anthony, I'm planning on creating a few more stories now that I've got the creative juices flowing again. So I should probably have a few chapters out within the month (hopefully.) Wilson (URL) ride the spiral to the end and may just go (...) (22 years ago, 8-Mar-02, to lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  Re: CW Story: An Unexpected Reunion

(...) Your use of lighting was my favorite facet of this story. Both the late night at the campfire and the moment when the beast enters the cave with daylight coming in from the entrance. It's that kind of attention to detail that can bump a good (...) (22 years ago, 7-Mar-02, to lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  Re: CW Story: An Unexpected Reunion

(...) section: (...) The plot thickens! Very nice job, Wilson. I've been waiting to see what would happen to old Vincent after escaping all those traps and spells. Of course, you know, this means I'll be waiting for the next chapter, and the next, (...) (22 years ago, 7-Mar-02, to lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  CW Story: An Unexpected Reunion

Hello everybody, I'm finally out of my LEGO-slump that I've been having recently, and I've just completed the next installment in my Castle World stories. This story takes place after Vincent and Seifer escape from the Cave of Exile (a long wait, I (...) (22 years ago, 6-Mar-02, to lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  Re: castle world administration

(...) I agree. We are all learning, but I think we want to limit the variables right now, with the number of people working on the site being one of them. -- Pawel (22 years ago, 4-Mar-02, to lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  Re: What's in a name, anyway?

(...) Hmm...you have a point there. I like organization myself, and I've browsed Castle world's site before. However, I have no idea why the characters are all mixed up, maybe nobody had the time to work on this. (...) Excellent idea. If I had a (...) (22 years ago, 3-Mar-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  Re: What's in a name, anyway?

Thanks for the reply, Shiri! Phew, just a brief look at Frank's page and clearly there is a daunting amount of info and number of sites to browse through. I am ever impressed with the endless possibilities of creativity by this community! ...And (...) (22 years ago, 3-Mar-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  Re: What's in a name, anyway?

Hi Hendo! First off, if you want a comprehensive link list, the best by far you'll get is Frank Filz's listing: (URL) it does not end at worlds, it has every single creation posted to LUGNET since it's beginning. I'm not sure when it was last (...) (22 years ago, 3-Mar-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  Re: castle world administration

(...) Well, the reason for that is that we all stand behind Chris's reply. Rather than writing five entire "me too" posts just to support him, we agree in silence. Craig's computer is broken so he can't post; Pawel is extremely busy with applying to (...) (22 years ago, 3-Mar-02, to lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  Re: castle world administration

(...) Well to say the first thing My IOM is going to be like the "Knight to Remember" story. I will do the next chapter on word with pics. The reason for this is I am fed up with web pages. So look out in a coulpe of weeks another chapter is on its (...) (22 years ago, 3-Mar-02, to lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  Re: castle world administration

<snip> (...) Hey Daniel, what about building great MOC's, reading some great castle world stories, including some great IOM ones....maybe updating yours :-) not to mention your TLC letter writing campaign to get them to put out some more castle (...) (22 years ago, 3-Mar-02, to lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  Re: castle world administration

(...) I was just thinking. I asked this question about a month ago and olny chris replied. The other admins never told me what they think. I would realy just like to know if it is possible for me to become and administrator. It would give me a sense (...) (22 years ago, 3-Mar-02, to lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  Re: What's in a name, anyway?

Hi Tony et al, I do like what the Castle World site has (and have considered joining on the condition that I ever get some better pics to post), but when I browse there it seems to be a collection of everyone's things mixed in no certain order other (...) (22 years ago, 28-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  Re: What's in a name, anyway?

(...) The castle folks, much more so than the other theme fans (ie space and town), tend to develop characters and storylines to go along with their creations. Check out the Castle World website: (URL) the related lugnet newsgroup: (URL) Hafner (...) (22 years ago, 28-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  Re: I just joined!

(...) -- Tony Hafner www.hafhead.com (22 years ago, 15-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  I just joined!

I just emailed the admins with my request to join. Included was pictures of new characters for a new world, characters that I'm sending to the Isle of Mist. Its the crew of the ship Nameless, under Captain Feftin the Dwarf. I'm presenting it as a (...) (22 years ago, 15-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  Re: Castle FAQ entries (was: Re: Looking for...)

In lugnet.castle, Cary Clark writes: <snip> (...) Sure! Glad I could help, and I'll be glad to help more... Email me if you need anything. Take care, -Shiri (22 years ago, 10-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  Re: Bricktannia's backstory part one, news update

Yeah, sorry about that. My domain name expired. Ill have it back up shorty. -Dave (...) (22 years ago, 9-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  Re: Bricktannia's backstory part one, news update

my computer says, "Netscape unable to locate server www.protonmusic.com" i look forward to reading it. it may just be my cpu... -lenny (...) (22 years ago, 8-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  Bricktannia's backstory part one, news update

Okay, so I finally tried my hand at writing a story. Usually its the quirky news articles, but I wanted to see how well I could create a more castle world-esque feel to Bricktannia East. The link directly to the story is here: (URL) me know how it (...) (22 years ago, 8-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  Re: Collaboration IOM Story

Adrian & Wilson: Nice job! I think you pulled off the collaboration rather well. Wilson, I really like the wraiths' shields. And now there's a dangerous new player on the IOM, I hope my expedition will be prepared for them! On a somewhat related (...) (22 years ago, 5-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  Re: Castle FAQ entries

Horse barding is in fact armour used on a horse from what I can remember. It was very often incorporated into a saddle cloth - metal plates woven between 2 sheets of cloth, a bit like a brigantine) or a light chain mail with the saddle cloth over (...) (22 years ago, 5-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  Re: Castle FAQ entries (was: Re: Looking for...)

(...) ... Thanks, Shiri for the excellent work. I feel a bit sheepish to point out that these aren't questions necessarily looking for answers, although I see how you could easily take it that way. I just listed the FAQ entries (questions) to (...) (22 years ago, 5-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  Re: IOM Story update!

(...) You know, I thought about this, but I decided to use frames to two reasons: 1) the server I was using was being too darn tempermental with the site so I scaled it down to load with the minimum bandwidth possible, 2) Once I changed to a new (...) (22 years ago, 5-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  Re: IOM Story update!

(...) It's very easy to get around, though I think it's always a good idea to get rid of frames if possible. Do people really need to get from any given page directly to any other? Also, if each page makes sense on its own then you can give people a (...) (22 years ago, 4-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  Re: IOM Story update!

So far pretty good! i haven't read too much story wise, but heres some thoughts about the site. whatever font you are using, my cpu doesn't have so the placing is a little messed up (words covered by images, etc). my frustration with that kept me (...) (22 years ago, 4-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  IOM Story update!

Hey, first chapter out. More soon to follow, but before I commitall this to the web, I would appreciate some feedback concering at least these certain things: Ease of use of the Site ( does navigation flow easily or is it choppy ) Size of the (...) (22 years ago, 4-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  Re: Collaboration IOM Story

(...) Hey, that would be *great*. I've got photoshop, but we all know how useful I am *with* it... (if you don't know, go check out the credits for the Gathering story ;-). So if you made a tutorial like that, I'd be in heaven. I know that with a (...) (22 years ago, 3-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle.org.cw)

Don't forget the Forestwench.... "Shiri Dori" <shirid@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:GqxEMn.EvK@lugnet.com... (...) creations. (...) organization, (...) to (...) a (...) items, (...) time (...) steeple (...) here (...) set: (...) steeple (...) (22 years ago, 3-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  Castle FAQ entries (was: Re: Looking for...)

Hey Cary, I can tell I'm very much behind on my reading now, but I've caught on, so I'll try to reply to at least a few questions... I'll tackle the easy ones (for me), and hopefully leave other people the ones easier for them. (...) Posts that (...) (22 years ago, 2-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  Re: IOM: A Breach of Protocol

(...) <snip story> Ooooh! Sounds like Raynelle's stirring up some trouble! I wonder what the reaction'll be. Waiting patiently for pics, -Shiri (22 years ago, 2-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  Re: Castle World 2nd Anniversary

(...) Wow, it's been a long time! Thanks, Ken, for pointing this out. I think that we've come a long way... look at all the amazing stories we have up and the dozens of characters, not to mention all the members that are working so hard to show (...) (22 years ago, 2-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  Re: Collaboration IOM Story

(...) Thanks Shiri, I had a great time working on this story. And we're just trying to stick with the main idea of the IOM, with the collaborations and all. (...) Hehe, I was wondering if anyone would ask about that. The fact is, I only made one (...) (22 years ago, 1-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  Re: Collaboration IOM Story

(...) Thanks! (...) Hmmm. . . maybe I'll have to send some wraiths to that section to stir things up. ;-) Wilson (URL) (22 years ago, 1-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  Re: Collaboration IOM Story

Adrian, Wilson, (...) sleeve... you should be a model to us all, what with multiple collaborations and creating the most teeming IOM area thus far! (Together with Leah and Dave, o'course!) I'm looking forward to seeing what will go on and develop. (...) (22 years ago, 1-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  Re: Collaboration IOM Story

Very cool pictures and story. Any chance the wraiths can regenerate? They are more than a match for an army without magic.... ;) I'd love to see Mistuo's army flee to Brictania East where they could fortify the town and hold off a siege.... "Adrian (...) (22 years ago, 1-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  Re: castle world administration

(...) Thank-you Sir for the honorable mention. However, I'm not even a member of the Castle World enclave. (Not yet at least, I'll submit my entry of membership in mid-December of 2002 when my Castle forces are published in the ‘2nd annual ISCC’ or (...) (22 years ago, 1-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle.org.cw, lugnet.castle)

  Re: castle world administration

(...) Good point Chris.... If you are open, I suggest a "canadian" rep. administrator should be Richard Noekel...he is very good when it comes to Castle World type stuff, and very knowledgeable in the castle stuff.... though I must have to say that (...) (22 years ago, 1-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  Re: castle world administration

XPFUT .org.cw, which is where this discussion belongs (...) Daniel, first off, I never recieved any email from you. But that sometimes happens. Anyways, I am itching just as much as anybody for an update, but the fact is, there are *very* few things (...) (22 years ago, 1-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  Re: using regular bricks/slopes as legs for goblins and dwarves

Oh, yeah, almost forgot... Although I don't have an individual picture of Kjuppa, he's here in this group photo, just behind Nethozhen and to his left, and in front of the liche brothers Brandwynn and Althon. ;-) (...) (22 years ago, 31-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  using regular bricks/slopes as legs for goblins and dwarves

I've used this for quite a while now. "(URL) ;-) In fact, I've got an entire Goblin Airborne Commando Squad (Ninjas w/ Gliders, substituting Stingray heads and 1x2 log bricks) that I've not yet had imaged. :-D Franklin (22 years ago, 31-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  Re: Looking for background on Timmy

(...) The most hilarious treatment of the "Timmy" subject can be found, of all places, in Mike Rayhawk's Brikwars manuel. Let's just say Timmy has a startling effect on all other combatants when he shows his face on the battlefield. Aaron (22 years ago, 29-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  Re: Looking for background on Timmy

(...) Here's the Timmy FAQ entry: (URL) By the way, the Castle FAQ is still in the works. Please don't hesitate to post more potential entries. Here are the FAQ entries-in-progress: - What posts belong in .castle, and what belongs in .castle.org.cw? (...) (22 years ago, 29-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  Re: Looking for background on Timmy

(...) I think Timmy was up to something in his travels with Dr. Cyber. It may be that Timmy went back in time to become his own ancestor! Multiple times, for sure. That is why there are so many Timmy genes. Now he is cursed with paradox, and bad (...) (22 years ago, 29-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  Looking for background on Timmy

As some of you have no doubt seen by now, I have introduced Timmy to the IOM tales. The problem is finding adequate resources to explain the history of Timmy in the Lego world. I've tried to reference a few places tht explain the effect Timmy has on (...) (22 years ago, 29-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  Re: Collaboration IOM Story

(...) And it looks like there's a real force to be reckoned with over in that area... Sorjin's glad to be over in a quiet corner right now! -- Tony Hafner www.hafhead.com (22 years ago, 28-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  IOM: Building goes up, building comes down

Just to keep you all up to date on the news from Bricktannia East, a tavern has finally been erected! Thats right, all you in the area can now enjoy a tall glass of ale or chocolate milk (from our chocolate cows) whenever you like. Also, an attack (...) (22 years ago, 28-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  IOM: A Breach of Protocol

Hi everyone. :-) I've started catching up with my IOM mist storyline. This little scene starts the tale of my second party's journey to the Isle of Mist. I probably won't illustrate my stories until the party reaches the Isle, as I can't really (...) (22 years ago, 28-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  Re: Collaboration IOM Story

Excellent story! It's very exciting and action-packed. Looks like we're in for a lot of excitement in that part of the Isle. -L (22 years ago, 28-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  Re: Collaboration IOM Story

(...) Thanks Dave! The pics were pretty time-consuming, but after all the tweaking was done, they turned out pretty good. (...) Hey, that's a great idea! It's cool how this little section of the isle is starting to come alive and have a "seeming" (...) (22 years ago, 28-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  Re: Collaboration IOM Story

(...) editing is excellent as always, and Adrian's battle scenes are some of the best around. Great combo! -- Pawel (22 years ago, 28-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  Re: Collaboration IOM Story

(...) Thanks Dave. Our little corner of the map certainly is where all the action is. I was also very impressed with Wilson's photo editing abilities. I don't have the patience or skill to do work like that, so I make up for it with quantity :) (...) (22 years ago, 28-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  Re: Collaboration IOM Story

Very awesome, you guys! Way to create your own fun! Wilson, your photo editing work is amazing; I was very impressed!I will be sure to post the events of this in the Bricktannia East news. I believe the people have the right to know. I also have a (...) (22 years ago, 28-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  Collaboration IOM Story

Hey IOM'ers, Wilson Raska and I have come up with a collaboration Isle Of Mist story featuring, among other things, the first IOM casualties :) Part 1, Morganoth's Command, courtesy of Wilson: (URL) 2, Confrontation, courtesy of me: (URL) everybody! (...) (22 years ago, 28-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle.org.cw) !!

  Re: A few new changes and explanations up on my site

(...) And the link is: (URL) Enjoy! - Joe (22 years ago, 28-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  A few new changes and explanations up on my site

Due to the feedback when I first posted my site, I have found a new host that I think has fixed the majority of the problems with the old site. Also, I've added a little background history to go along with it. Not a whole lot of new pictures yet. (...) (22 years ago, 27-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  Re: Nonhuman2: Interaction?

(...) Magnus, doesn't ripping stuff apart to build something else suck.........i know how u feel cuz i always have to do that........ (22 years ago, 24-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  Re: Nonhuman2: Interaction?

sorry for the typos i forgot to proofread it. (22 years ago, 24-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  Re: Nonhuman2: Interaction?

i love using non human thngs it makes it a lot cooler. i made som up myself, used existing names from thign, and well jsut had fun foling wth them. they make my setups and evrything better. so here they are. enjoy, and drectquestin to me here, (...) (22 years ago, 24-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  Re: Nonhuman2: Interaction?

Lenny, As you and others have already mentioned, it's really up to the balladeers to determine how their characters/races interact when (and if) they meet. The only guidance I've seen from Castle World on this is that if you want to use another (...) (22 years ago, 24-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  Re: Nonhuman2: Interaction?

(...) My problem with incorporatimg non-humans into my world is that I have lots of different kinds of heads I could use, but not very many of each. I have 4 gungan heads, maybe 8 ninja heads I have made elves with etc. Hardly enough for a non-human (...) (22 years ago, 24-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  Castle World 2nd Anniversary

A couple of days late, but I thought it worth noting that Castle World just passed the 2nd year since its founding. For newer folks who might be interested in Castle Worlds beginnings see the links in this post: (URL) Congratulations CW, Ken (22 years ago, 24-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  Re: Nonhuman2: Interaction?

(...) I think they would be the same species but just have a diferent name because they were not from the same country. {Fish (english) or Pez (spanish)} (...) My thought is try to have it so the wizards don't interact as much with the other people. (...) (22 years ago, 24-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  Re: Nonhuman2: Interaction?

(...) My take on it would be as if an african lion met an asian tiger, basically the same thing, but different none the less. There's no real way to say they'd be aggressive or passive toward the other, it would be up to their masters (Castle World (...) (22 years ago, 24-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  Nonhuman2: Interaction?

thank you everyone for the responces on this. until a few days ago i was a strict people-only kinda guy, but then i thought it might be cool to have a different world (unconnected to current, human-only place) where there were lots of different (...) (22 years ago, 24-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  Re: got most of my characters up check them out

(...) thanx for the compliments on my minifigs, i appriciate it....i was finally able to share my custom creations with everyone.......however i do not like to be accused of copying people ideas......i could see if my characters looked the same as (...) (22 years ago, 23-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  Re: Nonhuman poll

Lenny, In my corner of Castle World, the Gungan figures are a race called the Trrologs, who are native to The Great Desert. A description can be found here: (URL) have ideas for some of the other non-human figures, but haven't implemented any yet (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  Re: got most of my characters up check them out

Joey, Just saw your figures and I really like the variety of characters that you have (the Guntz cyborg is a cool idea). The customizing you've done works well, too. Steve (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  Re: Castle FAQ bribe

(...) You really don’t have to provide us with *incentives… What your doin’ for the ‘Castle Community’ is payment enough!!! I for one really appreciate your efforts. =) I've read what you posted and came up with some other points for the Castle (...) (22 years ago, 21-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  Re: Sorjin's Comic 3

(...) Wow... thanks, Shiri. But have you looked at your site lately? You are a wonderful storyteller. I only hope we can work together again (wink, wink, nudge, nudge, say no more.) (...) No comment... -- Tony Hafner www.hafhead.com (22 years ago, 21-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  Re: Island of Mist Chapter 1 Head Off

(...) but I think that is something you'll just get better at as you continue. One other thing- your images are somewhat distorted. I see that the actual images are much larger than they appear on the page, and you are using HTML to resize them. But (...) (22 years ago, 21-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  Re: Sorjin's Comic 3

(...) Thanks again for putting up with me, and for doing the major part of writing, as well as all the photographing and editing. Your skills are just so far beyond mine and I'd rather stick to things I'm good at... which leaves me with, umm.... (...) (22 years ago, 21-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  Re: got most of my characters up check them out

Hi Joey! Let me echo the general tone in reply to your post: I'm impressed with your minifigs. Each is individual and unique... You're very brave to modify that stuff... I can't touch a Euro armor, no way no how. ;-) I have a question. Forgive me if (...) (22 years ago, 21-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  Re: Nonhuman poll

(...) Distance cannot stop the swapping of ideas or even for collaboration (something I hope to prove to the world in the next... oh... 3 weeks or so). And as for me being interested, well, I welcome lego talk from any lego head. --Anthony (22 years ago, 19-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle.org.cw)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact