 Events / BrickFest / 612
Re: BrickFest 2002 "Gathering" Ideas
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.castle.org.cw
Date:
Tue, 12 Mar 2002 23:19:48 GMT

In lugnet.events.brickfest, Shiri Dori writes:
XP .castle.org.cw

In lugnet.events.brickfest, Christina Hitchcock writes:
www.brickfest.com

Dear everyone,

The dates for BF 2002 are published: July 19-21, 2002!

Awesome!  Thanks for the update Shiri, I've been waiting for the official
dates for a while now.

I for one, will 90% surely be there, and so will you (unless you plan on
being square!)

Cool, 90%'s a pretty good chance, eh?  I, for one, don't plan on being
square.  My dad and I are driving over, so I can bring one of my big MOCs.
(I should probably start buying some Roughnecks.)

So, guys, I'm ready & waiting. What will CW put on this year? Our display
and games were awesome last year. How can we make them even better this time
around? Do we want to do the Gathering format again? Or could we build
sections of IOM? Whaddaya say? Please share your ideas, can't wait to hear more!

-Shiri

I agree, the display and activities in the castle room last year were great!
As far as the location of the "gathering" (which I think would be cool to do
again, BTW), I'm going to be bringing a large MOC that's located on the IOM,
and I think Pawel is still planning on bringing his Blut'Ader city (I'm not
sure on this, correct me if I'm wrong Pawel), so we could host a gathering
in pretty much anyone's large MOC.  I don't know if it'd have to be as
elaborate and fancy as Jeff's Meeting Hall last year, but it'd be fun to try
something new.

Also, as far as the games go, I'll try to think of some.  But if we decide
on some games/tournaments, I think some poeple should volunteer to build
small stadiums/arenas for the specific events.  That way they'd look cooler,
and there'd be something more for the village/mass-of-buildings setup.

Just some ideas.  Anyone else have anything more to add?

Wilson
http://home.sofast.net/~raska/