 Events / BrickFest / 618
Re: BrickFest 2002
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.castle.org.cw
Date:
Wed, 13 Mar 2002 11:18:29 GMT

Cool, I'll be there! This time I won't have found out about it 48 hours
before it kicks off!

In lugnet.events.brickfest, Shiri Dori writes:
So, guys, I'm ready & waiting. What will CW put on this year? Our display
and games were awesome last year. How can we make them even better this time
around? Do we want to do the Gathering format again? Or could we build
sections of IOM? Whaddaya say? Please share your ideas, can't wait to hear more!

I'm not part of CW, but in terms of castle stuff generally, I am planning on
bringing my biggish castle which I have been working on since last fall. At
this point it's about 120 by 80 pegs in area, but may be bigger by July!

Is there any interest for a bout of castle wars or medieval/fantsay themed
brickwars etc?

Also perhaps now is a good opportunity to ask again whether there is any
interest among other castlers to do a kind of group project, where we each
build a part of a castle, which we can then put together when we get there.
Once we know who many may be interested, we could decide just how big we
want it to be. For example, one person could build a large gatehouse, one
person could build a keep, two people could build sections of an outer wall
(making sure they both use the same dimensions), two people could likewise
build sections of a higher inner wall, other people could build
individual buildings. Is there any interest for this kind of thing? I think
at we'd need at least 5 or 6 people for it to be worth it. If we get many
people, we could end up with a much bigger castle than any one of us could
build/ bring.

Whatcha think?

Magnus