Re: Collaboration IOM Story
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle.org.cw
Date:
Fri, 1 Feb 2002 23:17:36 GMT

Part 1, Morganoth's Command, courtesy of Wilson:
http://home.sofast.net/~raska/wraithjourney.html

Part 2, Confrontation, courtesy of me:
http://www.brickfrenzy.com/castle_iom_5.html

Great job you guys! It's always exciting to see what you two have up your
sleeve... you should be a model to us all, what with multiple collaborations
and creating the most teeming IOM area thus far! (Together with Leah and
Dave, o'course!) I'm looking forward to seeing what will go on and develop.
Exciting stuff!

Thanks Shiri, I had a great time working on this story.  And we're just
trying to stick with the main idea of the IOM, with the collaborations and all.

Wilson, I'm wondering if you actually create four ships, and if not, how did
you pull of cloning at different angles? I'd love to hear any insight.

Hehe, I was wondering if anyone would ask about that.  The fact is, I only
made one ship, and the shots involving more than one ship required extensive
editing.  I should probably create a tutorial explaining some Photoshop
techniques I've learned.

Back to the subject though.  To pull off the different angles, I had to take
four or five different pictures and combine them into one picture.  I set up
my camera on a tripod, and I then moved the ships around to their respective
places (changing the figs also as to discourage similarity) and took the pics.

When loaded into photoshop, I cut out each ship individually and placed them
all onto one image.  I then added the water and sky to the picture (which
I'll explain in my tutorial, if I get to making one) and made the proper
adjustments and I was done.

The technique worked very well in my opinion, so I think I'll be using it
more often in my stories, and try to up the complexity as well.  Can't make
things too simple now, can we?  :-)

Wilson
http://home.sofast.net/~raska/