Re: Nonhuman2: Interaction?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle.org.cw
Date:
Thu, 24 Jan 2002 04:38:34 GMT

In lugnet.castle.org.cw, Leonard Hoffman writes:
thank you everyone for the responces on this.  until a few days ago i was a
strict people-only kinda guy, but then i thought it might be cool to have a
different world (unconnected to current, human-only place) where there were
lots of different species. and from there send some different people to IOM.

So heres my question: Would there be a problem if a D'Ok met a Trrolog? Would
the D'ok think the Trrolog was a d'ok?  Would it be considered that they are
both the same species but different breeds or tribes?

My take on it would be as if an african lion met an asian tiger, basically the
same thing, but different none the less.  There's no real way to say they'd be
aggressive or passive toward the other, it would be up to their masters
(Castle World Owners) to decide.

It seems to me there is an issue here and I'm wondering how Castleworlders
would solve it.

and something else, kinda related: how would interaction work between someone
who had lots of wizards and stuff and someone who didn't believe in magic as a
force that could effect his characters (like would spells still work, etc?)

Again, up to their creators.  I am having that issue with one of the
collaboration chapters of mine.  You could solve it many ways.  One way is that
the people with magic could introduce the muggles to magic.  Another way is
that the non magic folk could dismiss the magic as just tricks.  Yet another
way is that for some reason magic just doesn't work in one realm for whatever
reason, and thus the people there don't have any.

-im sure the answer is that the two.. whats it called.. balladeers? would work
it out between themselves.. but id like to hear some thoughts on this if you
don't mind.

thanks again!
peace and equality!
-lenny

Yup, always with the balladeers.  I hope I was able to answer your question.

--Anthony