Re: castle world administration
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle.org.cw
Date:
Sun, 3 Mar 2002 11:25:53 GMT

In lugnet.castle.org.cw, Daniel Ravenda writes:
I was just thinking. I asked this question about a month ago and olny chris
replied. The other admins never told me what they think.

Well, the reason for that is that we all stand behind Chris's reply. Rather
than writing five entire "me too" posts just to support him, we agree in
silence. Craig's computer is broken so he can't post; Pawel is extremely
busy with applying to grad schools; up til recently I was way over my head
with tests. So we couldn't really take the time to post. Sorry, we're
focusing on another things right now. Chris and I are in the process of
moving and organizing the CW site, and making it much simpler to add
updates; once we're done, which should be hopefully very soon, we'll turn to
current updates (haven't forgotten you, Lenny!).

I would realy just
like to know if it is possible for me to become and administrator. It would
give me a sense of responsibility (hope I spelt that right). Between school
baseball and going to the gyme I should have alot of time to do what ever is
needed. I hope you guy want me because I would love to be an adimn for
something.

The thing is, you'd be surprised how much confusion can stem from having
multiple admins. Mostly it's great, but just think about this. As an
example: Chris told me he was planning on moving the site, and I
automatically wanted to help so I FTP'ed all the CW site into a new
topcities site. This took hours. Then I told Chris about this, but this was
not at all what he intended, since he wanted to organize the pages and
pictures differently, which would later give us an easier time since it
would be much more organized. Thus many work-hours were wasted because we
were not coordinated. If we have more people in charge it would just cause
more confusion! Do you see what I mean?

I hope that explains things and helps a bit. Please don't think Chris is
alone in this, all us admins are right behind him. We've got so many people
and more would just enlarge the incoordination, (1) as it is.

-Shiri

(1) I think I just made that word up. Sorry.