 Castle / 12046
Re: Castle FAQ entries (was: Re: Looking for...)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.castle.org.cw
Date:
Sun, 3 Feb 2002 03:12:47 GMT

Don't forget the Forestwench....

"Shiri Dori" <shirid@hotmail.com> wrote in message
Hey Cary,

I can tell I'm very much behind on my reading now, but I've caught on, so
I'll try to reply to at least a few questions... I'll tackle the easy ones
(for me), and hopefully leave other people the ones easier for them.

In lugnet.castle, Cary Clark writes:
- What posts belong in .castle, and what belongs in .castle.org.cw?

Posts that belong in .castle.org.cw can be:
- Updates to Castle World related sites, stories, characters, creatures,
structures or any other creations. This includes Isle of Mist-related • creations.
- Updates to the Castle World or the IOM site (made by the admins).
- Questions or inquiries regarding the nature of Castle World or the IOM.
- Any other posts that specifically relate to Castle World or the IOM.

Posts that belong in .castle are simply - any castle related posts that
should not go in .castle.org.cw!

While I'm talking about that, the only posts that should rightfully belong
in .castle.org are suggestions for new organizations, or questions about
castle orgs in general. Right now, since CW is the only castle • organization,
there should be no posts in the group... in practice, many posts end there
by accident (people leave off the .cw suffix).

- What does 'barding' mean (and other Castle terms)?

Horse Barding - a "cloth" cover on a horse, generally with an affiliation • to
one's kingdom. Example: in the following picture, the white horse labeled
(2) is wearing a saddle, while (3) is wearing a horse barding with a Royal
Knights' emblem.
http://www.brickshelf.com/scans/6000/6090/6090-03.html

Other terms that could come in handy in a FAQ are different weapons and
their names. A good reference page is Lenny Hoffman's weapons discussion:
http://www.lugnet.com/~1168/weapons/
...Which is great, sharp pictures etc. I recommend directly linking it to • a
weapons entry; my only drawbacks at are that it has a few customized • items,
and that it has Lenny's story info mingled with the descriptions. It makes
for a great read though. :-)

Also, architectural features could be useful... but I'd need a bit more • time
to look into that.

- What sets have yellow tudor walls?

According to Peeron inventory:  (http://peeron.com/inv/parts/4444p03)

6086, 2 wall pieces, and 6074 - 1.

- What sets have female minifigs?

Off the top of my head:
6067 (& 10000) - Guarded Inn - dignified lady, red necklace torso, red
steeple headdress.
6081 -  - lass with blue dress and red steeple headdress.
6023 - Maiden's Cart - dignified lady, red necklace torso, white steeple
headdress.
6091 - King Leo's Castle - Princess Storm and Queen Leonara w/black • steeple
headdress.
3739 - Blacksmith Shop - Queen Leonara w/brown SW hair.
4816 - Knight's Catapult - Princess Storm.

Those are the only ones I can think of off the top of my head... wait, • here
come more:   ;-)

Searching in Peeron for 'Minifig Hat High Cone Shaped' yielded another • set:
6060 - Knight's Challenge - dignified lady, red necklace torso, red • steeple
headdress.

Then I remembered there's the ninja princess, so:
1269 - White Ninja - white ninja princess
3053 - Emperor's Stronghold - white ninja princess

--

Okay, that's it for tonight... HTH!
-Shiri