 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / *15259 (-100)
  Re: [rtlToronto] rtlToronto20 Draft Rules Posted

(...) Yes. Calum (19 years ago, 23-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: [rtlToronto] rtlToronto20 Draft Rules Posted

(...) Ya, but then we wouldn't have seen that funny penny-arcade comic. :-( Derek (19 years ago, 23-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: [rtlToronto] rtlToronto20 Draft Rules Posted

Calum Tsang wrote: > In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Chris Magno wrote: > > >>MORE specifialy. it could be a safe assumption that if your bot can >>launch a block over more than 8 feet of the play area, and still hit a >>childs eye with enough force to (...) (19 years ago, 23-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: [rtlToronto] rtlToronto20 Draft Rules Posted

(...) No, I just wanted clarification. 16 studs on centre is fine with me. (...) I'm happy with that. (...) So you are saying there should be clearance for a EOAT to enter to at least 4 studs into the TO. But as long as my TO opening is 8 studs by 7 (...) (19 years ago, 23-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: [rtlToronto] rtlToronto20 Draft Rules Posted

(...) I would agree on Chris' interpretation. We'll update the page if no one objects. (...) I forgot to highlight it in "read" but I figured it needed to be debated. I think it must be a uniform colour and in fact I think that colour should be (...) (19 years ago, 23-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: [rtlToronto] rtlToronto20 Draft Rules Posted

(...) There's a difference with this game, which is that people must cooperate. In games that require cooperation, standards must be made. For example, when we ran Connect Four, we had to define turn-passing, board interfaces and other such (...) (19 years ago, 23-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: [rtlToronto] rtlToronto20 Draft Rules Posted

(...) Okay, what exactly are you saying here? It could be a safe assumption that if your bot can launch a block over more than eight feet of the play area and still hit a child's eye with enough force to cause injury, then that would be firing (...) (19 years ago, 23-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: [rtlToronto] rtlToronto20 Draft Rules Posted

(...) In my book, it doesn't become legal until it hits the webpage, because that is what everyone checks on as the reference. -To ask someone to keep track of the NG (the fastest moving group on Lugnet) is unreasonable for basic rules. -It took me (...) (19 years ago, 23-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: [rtlToronto] rtlToronto20 Draft Rules Posted

(...) Right, but not everyone can build a robot that can transfer bricks while moving. The goal of the ruleset, especially in this contest, is to define an environment in which the most basic interaction, transferring a block while the receiver is (...) (19 years ago, 23-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: [rtlToronto] rtlToronto20 Draft Rules Posted

Derek Raycraft wrote: > On 22-Nov-05, at 6:10 AM, Calum Tsang wrote: > >> Hi folks, >> >> The product of many long debates, rtlToronto20: Project Y's draft >> rules are now >> posted: >> >> (URL) > > > Two questions about the interface. > > If I (...) (19 years ago, 23-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: [rtlToronto] rtlToronto20 Draft Rules Posted

Calum Tsang wrote: > In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Vitali Furman wrote: > >>I have three questions. First it says that the beacon light is on when the robot >>is stopped? Does that mean the it can't be on while the robot is moving around >>or what? (...) (19 years ago, 23-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: [rtlToronto] rtlToronto20 Draft Rules Posted

(...) Yes Rob building a "gun" to shoot blocks across the play area is a valid way to TRY to get blocks into another robot. In this case I think "violent" could be defined as having potential to harm a human. MORE specifialy. it could be a safe (...) (19 years ago, 23-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: [rtlToronto] rtlToronto20 Draft Rules Posted

(...) To clarify, before Calum flips out, written evidence is always taken over what someone supposedly said. Just look at someone we knows phone bill or the fact my arguments at dinner were ignored when composing the rule about whether the light (...) (19 years ago, 23-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: [rtlToronto] rtlToronto20 Draft Rules Posted

(...) If I want to put two interfaces beside each other, is the minimum distance between openings 16 or 12 studs? Measured from the centre line of the openings. The wall surface needs to be a uniform colour, but you don't say what colour that is. Is (...) (19 years ago, 23-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: [rtlToronto] rtlToronto20 Draft Rules Posted

(...) I feel the light should be on at all times, but like Calum I feel it should be open for discussion. First of follow up Calum's points. (...) Robots don't need to be stopped to transfer a brick, personally I'm working on the principle that I'll (...) (19 years ago, 23-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: [rtlToronto] rtlToronto20 Draft Rules Posted

(...) Hey - I took a 2x4 to the head due to my own stupidity in Balance of Power and while painful, do not consider such an incident as violent (so my judgement of violent may be a bit skewed). That is why I wanted to get a ruling on the definition (...) (19 years ago, 23-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: [rtlToronto] rtlToronto20 Draft Rules Posted

(...) I guess it makes sence that way you know when a robot is ready to accept bricks. (...) You can try grabbing it and not letting go until brick is transfered. (But that can cause trouble with the law. ;) Vitali (19 years ago, 22-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: [rtlToronto] rtlToronto20 Draft Rules Posted

(...) Violently enough to hit a child in the eye standing at the edge of the table, causing a trigger happy American parent to sue a nonexistent entity. I know where you're going, I'm glad you're going there and all I'm going to say is that text was (...) (19 years ago, 22-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: [rtlToronto] rtlToronto20 Draft Rules Posted

(...) In my opinion (and the way it's written now) the light has to be on ONLY when the robot is stopped. It should NOT be on while the robot is moving around. Here's my reasons why: 1. No provision has been made to stop a robot remotely (ie, there (...) (19 years ago, 22-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: [rtlToronto] rtlToronto20 Draft Rules Posted

(...) Questioning one of the "standard" rules.... "not firing bricks violently," What is violently? -Rob A> (19 years ago, 22-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: [rtlToronto] rtlToronto20 Draft Rules Posted

(...) Hi Guys, I have three questions. First it says that the becon light is on when the robot is stopped? Does that mean the it can't be on while the robot is moving around or what? Or is it that it can only go on when another robots has stopped it (...) (19 years ago, 22-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: NQJ - wanna trade? -Followup

(...) Calum, The great thing about NQJ aka Brick It Forward is that there is no ending time set. Just to keep you in the loop, I was in deep discussion with several people yesterday who were offering me fantastic sets. I am not at liberty to name (...) (19 years ago, 22-Nov-05, to lugnet.market.jambalaya, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.general, lugnet.technic, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: When to have December dinner?

(...) I think sometime in December might be a good time. Let me know what you think. Chris (19 years ago, 22-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: OT - anyone own a robot vacum?

(...) Evolution Ian, evolution. The market is always willing to accept a cheaper version provided it is 1) moderately functional and 2) cute. The Roomba is cute. No-one has to worry about it attaching their family pet and hurting it. People with no (...) (19 years ago, 22-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  When to have December dinner?

Hey folks, When should we have December dinner? Calum (19 years ago, 22-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: NQJ - wanna trade? -Followup

(...) Did brick it forward end with a mere 8417? Wow, Chris was bought off easily. "Because you keep using me like a stepping stone" Calum (19 years ago, 22-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  [rtlToronto] rtlToronto20 Draft Rules Posted

Hi folks, The product of many long debates, rtlToronto20: Project Y's draft rules are now posted: (URL) contest is slated for February of 2006 and is currently open for debate on the issues marked in red on the webpage. Start your debates. In (...) (19 years ago, 22-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: OT - anyone own a robot vacum?

"Chris Magno" <cmagno@rogers.com> wrote in message news:Iq29Mq.w96@lugnet.com... (...) The "Roomba" is a perfect example of how a company with no sense of product design can throw together crap that is inexpensive and woo everyone over in seconds (...) (19 years ago, 22-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  lego, big trax, tic tac tow chicken???

(URL) has scaned and posted the 1979 Sears Chrsitmas wish book. "tray cool." Chris Moi? (19 years ago, 21-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Iain - new video - what I did at work last week.

(URL) (19 years ago, 20-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Gluing Lego

(...) I glue a lot of Lego bricks. (In a good cause.) I use clear PVC/CPVC pipe cement. It is MEK based but has filler so it doesn't vanish after you apply it and before you press the pieces together. Apply with a tooth pick. Practice first. You can (...) (19 years ago, 19-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Gluing Lego

(...) I think it is a rare sort of glue where I say that crazy glue is LESS nasty, but it is... Oateys IS nasty stuff, so in my view that's a reason to use CA/ACC. That said, and while I know Ondrew has done some great work (and others have too) (...) (19 years ago, 19-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Gluing Lego

(...) Hey guys, Thanks for all of your suggestions--the event organizer is handling the gluing of the trophies now, so all I had to do was build them. He had been using Crazy Glue as one person had suggested, but it was pretty expensive. I had a can (...) (19 years ago, 18-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: [RTL DINNER] - i think its tonight..

(...) mmmmm. I can't make it either - setting up for my kids school silent auction library fundraiser... I'll have to wait for my 1x1 technic beam :( -Rob A> p.s. my son comes up to me the other day and says "Dad, do we have any more of these?"..... (...) (19 years ago, 18-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: [RTL DINNER] - i think its tonight..

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Chris Magno wrote: <snip> (...) Like the secret newsgroup and the seret handshake... THere's a whole 'underlayer' to rtlT and I ain't in it!!! Dave K -who will be at din-din tonite... (19 years ago, 18-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  [RTL DINNER] - i think its tonight..

HI guys. We haven't heard from Calum in a while, and I found the BEST way to get him today something is to use the Square brackets In the Subject. So... GOOD NEWS... BAD NEWS...... Good news, I got a gig tonight.. yay, Bad news, I'm going to miss (...) (19 years ago, 18-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Has MOCPages been harvested for spam?

(...) Thanks for your reply Sean. I was just in the process of composing a message to send to MOCPages feedback outline what I thought the problem was. Now that you appear to be fully aware of it I won't bother. Not knowing you personally I wasn't (...) (19 years ago, 17-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Has MOCPages been harvested for spam?

(...) Derek, everyone: Yes... this was a design flaw on my part; I would never, NEVER sell people's personal information. I, myself, get over 400 pieces of spam every day, and am very sensitive to giving out my own e-mail, phone numbers, etc. I'd (...) (19 years ago, 17-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  in the area...

Hello rtlToronto’ens, I just wanted to know if there are any of you in the Niagara Falls area. I’m in Buffalo till Saturday AM and wanted to see if there was anyone that might be interested in meeting up. If so.. drop me a note.. and hopefully we (...) (19 years ago, 17-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.loc.us.ny.buf)

  Re: Has MOCPages been harvested for spam?

(...) Dan- Not complaining, just observing :) I'm just surprised that if the effort was made to munge the web display of email addresses, no such effort was made in the email portion... You just can't win against spammers. For example, When I hit (...) (19 years ago, 17-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Has MOCPages been harvested for spam?

(...) A spammer that goes to that muvh trouble to get our addresses cannot be blocked by automatic tools. All spamblocks are designed to protect against generic spam bots, not humans or custom written bots. (19 years ago, 17-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Has MOCPages been harvested for spam?

(...) Well bother. Shows what I know, I haven't subscribed to LUGNET via email (or used a newsreader to read it, for that matter) since forever. Never mind then, I guess. XFut admin.general, this issue affects more than just this group. (19 years ago, 17-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Has MOCPages been harvested for spam?

(...) Shhhh, Quite you. Derek (19 years ago, 17-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Has MOCPages been harvested for spam?

(...) But if you subscribe via email, the from is unmangled. So a smammer would just have to subscribe for a while and collect all the "from" addressed (the reply-to is set to the mailing list, however) and bingo - has a nice big list of valid (...) (19 years ago, 17-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Oh No!! The zombies!!!

First there was the zombie demo... (URL) there was the advanced demo, where people could shoot back (and drop the occasional nuke...) (URL) Zombie 3--where you just drop nukes to kill the 'undead' (URL) now my favourite zombie game-- Zombie 4, (...) (19 years ago, 17-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Gluing Lego

MEK is about all that will work well. The parks use a combo of MEK and liquid ABS resin, but MEK will work well enough. You can get pint cans of it at various hardware stores, I'm pretty sure HD/Lowe's would have it in the paint dept. If not, try (...) (19 years ago, 16-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Has MOCPages been harvested for spam?

(...) The address shown for me is : <lar(at@at)miltontra...t.dot)com> (that is, it's been mangled, if you "view raw message" for THIS post you'll see what I mean) Todd put in a way for you to force-mangle your addresses. Not perfect since the coding (...) (19 years ago, 16-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Has MOCPages been harvested for spam?

(...) There's the same problem here on Lugnet: if you're reading this from the Lugnet web site, just look over the "reply" icon, there's a "View raw message" link. Try it... Before I shut down this address, I received a lot of spam: mechanical (...) (19 years ago, 16-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Has MOCPages been harvested for spam?

(...) Thanks Larry, I wanted to understand method by which my email address was harvested before address it to MOCPages. Clearly it's a design flaw, and not something more sinister which was one of my original concerns. Derek (19 years ago, 16-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: OT - anyone own a robot vacum?

(...) I wouldn't take that statement too seriously -- it's a lawyer spouting turf-talk, not a product review. Steve (19 years ago, 16-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Has MOCPages been harvested for spam?

(...) It would take a little more development effort to do a hash, but ya. Ouch. I agree. Ouch. Not only that but it seems to vary across time, some of my creations have older email addresses embedded, presumably matching when I changed my emails as (...) (19 years ago, 16-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Has MOCPages been harvested for spam?

(...) Now there's a serious design flaw. In fact the use of your email address in this way appears to be contrary to the MOCPages privacy policy. " We hate unsolicited e-mail just as much as everyone else. We will never distribute, sell, or abuse (...) (19 years ago, 16-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Has MOCPages been harvested for spam?

(...) Unfortunately all the thumbnail images contain you address in the URL (right click and select view image and look at the name of the file). I assume this is where they've been harvested from. Tim (19 years ago, 16-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: OT - anyone own a robot vacum?

(...) (URL) cleaning mechanisms, sensors, look and feel and even the sound of their product mimics Roomba. Yet it doesn't have the quality, or the years of robotics expertise that underlie iRobot's Roomba"" (19 years ago, 16-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Has MOCPages been harvested for spam?

I have an email address I uses exclusively for MOCPages. I just received eBay account fraud spam directed to that email address. I've looked at my MOCPages pages and couldn't find anywhere where this address is displayed. Has anyone heard anything (...) (19 years ago, 16-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  OT - anyone own a robot vacum?

My walmart flier has a Koolvac for $130 CAN. Does anyone have a robotic vacuum? I cant find much about this specific bot on epinions. Should I spend the $130, or just live with the dust bunny's ? Chris (19 years ago, 16-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: NQJ - wanna trade? -Followup

(...) much snipage (...) Today, I have received my FIRST trade.True to his word, Tim has shipped me the 1x1 new Black technic brick. As the NQJ list has show, this brick will be passed on to Rob A, for 2 dragon wings; where I will ship them off to (...) (19 years ago, 16-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: A hinging problem

(...) Yeah, that would work - useful in a tight situation if there was only a 1x2 space available at the bottom. I have a couple of these (titan XP) and I used them to great effect on my f1 car. which i should finish. (19 years ago, 16-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: A hinging problem

(...) *grin* did I make chris blush? oops... (blush) 8417 eh? I have one of those :) I'm the sort that only buys one of any model I buy. I can't see a use for any of the parts in this situation though. to be fair, I have a lot of respect for you (...) (19 years ago, 16-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Gluing Lego

(...) Chris forgets the key fact that the pipe he so brilliantly drilled through was copper, which, AFAIK, is bonded together using solder and a blowtorch, versus Oatey's (Thanks, Lar! I actually have a rough idea of the product you're talking (...) (19 years ago, 15-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: A hinging problem

(...) We're famous? US? :) this little lug? (blush) (twist toe in floor) Gosh. :) thanks Chris PS. i have access to a MISB 8417 any interst? (19 years ago, 15-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: A hinging problem

(...) Good idea Matt - How about something like 48336 (Plate 1 x 2 with Handle Type 2) I don't have any, but they look like they would snap onto a couple of 2555's -Rob A> (19 years ago, 15-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: A hinging problem

(...) how about 2 of these: (URL) with a lightsabre blade (or similar) between them and an appropriate part to connect the top? (you can tell i'm writing this as I think of it, as well as butting into the famous rtl...!) -Matt J (19 years ago, 15-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, FTX)

  Re: Gluing Lego

(...) You know as soon as I read Calum's message I thought, didn't he spend an evening helping Chris with his plumbing? Shouldn't he know what to use? Anyway, a little dab will do you. Personally I wouldn't even glue them. That's so not the point of (...) (19 years ago, 15-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Gluing Lego

(...) Calum, I'm ashamed of you. Did you learn NOTHING from that night of plumbing and water pipe drilling experience? (BTW I can't find that blog link with the cool illustration of how it all went down) Think for just a second. Lego is made of ABS. (...) (19 years ago, 15-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: A hinging problem

(...) About the only hinge-like thing I can think of that will fit in a 3x1 space, hinged on the long side is the standard 3937 Hinge 1 x 2 Base and 3938 Hinge 1 x 2 Top combination. But that is 1 brick high rather than 2 plates high. -Rob A> (19 years ago, 15-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Gluing Lego

(...) Oateys All Purpose. That's what we used on KCCUSA(1) and it worked well. Noxious stuff so all the usual cautions apply, especially ventilation, although not quite as bad as MEK. Like MEK it works by melting the ABS so when the solvent (...) (19 years ago, 15-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Gluing Lego

Hi folks, I need to glue together some Lego sculptures (ersatz FLL trophies--hey, I learned a new word from reading rtlToronto). Could someone recommend a glue that is easily available at Home Depot? I've read Methyl Ethyl Ketone was what they use (...) (19 years ago, 15-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.general)

  Re: A hinging problem

(...) I forgot about that part completely! On revisiting this issue, I have a further problem with the space. :( I think it's even smaller--a 3x1 on the bottom and a 4x1 on the top. Any ideas? Thanks btw for reminding me about 2873...got a pile of (...) (19 years ago, 15-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, FTX)

  Re: Are there varieties of 4679 box?

(...) Thanks Paul! I really enjoyed the surprise of opening each box last year. I got six of these new boxes, but I suspect I'll offer them to trade with other group members--perhaps there are items people in rtlToronto want more of? Calum (19 years ago, 15-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: 3 Events worth of Photos...

(...) not mistaken... ROSCO (19 years ago, 15-Nov-05, to lugnet.loc.ca.on, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: 3 Events worth of Photos...

(...) Yes, very cool indeed... and there are some great construction pics here, if you are interested... (URL) "Red Brick" (19 years ago, 14-Nov-05, to lugnet.loc.ca.on, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: 3 Events worth of Photos...

(...) Janey, thanks for posting these pics. This project is really sofa-king coool. Like I said in a previous post, I didn't really understand how big it was until I flew over it a few months back on a trip to Winnipeg. Cheers, Ralph (19 years ago, 14-Nov-05, to lugnet.loc.ca.on, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  3 Events worth of Photos...

Yesterday I managed to sort thru a few hundred photos.... and put some of the recent (or not so recent) Lego Events I have attended up on Brickshelf. CanBricks - Hobby Show @ International Centre - Toronto Ontario - November 2005 Jason makes a (...) (19 years ago, 14-Nov-05, to lugnet.loc.ca.on, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  And I thought I was good....

With lots of arm twisting, we convinced Calum to take our engaggement photos... (URL) his camera wasn't up to the mighty DC120 standards, it still took a good pic! But with anything, it doesn't matter the expense of the camera, it's the guy behind (...) (19 years ago, 14-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Announcing: NQJ or Brick-it-Forward

(...) Clifton, Your offer was very generous, but as I am sure you can see, Larrys offer was (going by the request) definitely Bigger, or Better. This is really a fun game for me, and from what I have been told in private, people are having fun with (...) (19 years ago, 14-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Announcing: NQJ or Brick-it-Forward

Larry Pieniazek wrote: > In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Chris Magno wrote: >> In the Spirit of Brick It Forward aka NQJ >> ((URL) I can offer for trade, a VERY rare, >> VERY well made, authentic JLUG train container. (as well as a few bonus >> items) (...) (19 years ago, 14-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.market.jambalaya, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.general, lugnet.technic) !

  Re: Which one of you good fer nutthin's....

C'mon - It took me a long time to write "Bite ME!" and then it got erased before I could screen grab it and put it up. Not my fault, that!. It wasn't an insult. It was an act of pure artistic creative expression! -Rob A> (...) (19 years ago, 13-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: A hinging problem

(...) Start with this: [LDrawPart 4625] If you don't need to attach anything to the 2x4 plate, use this: [LDrawPart 2873] If you do, use this: [LDrawPart 4213] and an exacto knife ;) ROSCO (19 years ago, 13-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, FTX)

  A hinging problem

No, it's not brick it forward or "you suck yu gi oh", I actually have a somewhat Lego related question: I'm trying to build a hinge in this space: (URL) I want to start with a 1x4 plate attached to a 2x4 plate and have the 2x4 plate hinge open in (...) (19 years ago, 13-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Announcing: NQJ or Brick-it-Forward

Wow, I want in on this venture: I have some of the gold bricks as well as the silver. I am willing to trade one of the 2004 Brickfest containers in new condition and MISB 4654 Junior tanker truck set. AS most of you may know, this makes a great (...) (19 years ago, 13-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Announcing: NQJ or Brick-it-Forward

(...) I'll give you an MISB 8417 for it. That's a pretty sharp Technic set, and one you can't get easily these days. (URL) Guide info on 8417> (19 years ago, 13-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, FTX)

  Re: Announcing: NQJ or Brick-it-Forward

Janey, you are right. When you're right, you're right. So. I will accept your trade offer, I will offer my thanks. I will also forward your address on to Tim, in the UK, to have him send you that VERY LOVELY slightly used, open box, ZNAP set. With (...) (19 years ago, 12-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.market.jambalaya, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Announcing: NQJ or Brick-it-Forward

(...) (URL) (...) (URL) (...) I DO!!! Mr. Magno, First let me compliment you on such an outstanding community project. Secondly, I have an offer for you to consider... I am presenting a very exclusive (URL) JLUG> train container featuring not only (...) (19 years ago, 12-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, FTX)

  Re: Which one of you good fer nutthin's....

(...) snipped the boring game details (...) Very funny Magno, I would NEVER take credit for a game I didnt create... which is why, unlike you I wouldnt claim the "YOU SUCK" game. I would claim that you do suck though. (...) I'm sure you do, what is (...) (19 years ago, 12-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Which one of you good fer nutthin's....

(...) guess i should interject... before this turns into a flame war.... way back at the hobby show... I alone invented a simple "game" I would send an SMS cell phone message to Calum with th words "you suck" he was standing right there... and when (...) (19 years ago, 12-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Which one of you good fer nutthin's....

Bite me! (...) (19 years ago, 12-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Which one of you good fer nutthin's....

(...) hey MISTER your bot... Janey "I didnt do it, but I am laughing, Red Brick" (19 years ago, 12-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, FTX)

  Which one of you good fer nutthin's....

(URL) You suck! :) Dave K (19 years ago, 12-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, FTX)

  Re: Walmart sucks

(...) Oooooohhhhh.... love that middle name--roman emperor and all that... Oh wait--someone else's middle name... can't quite think of who... Dave K (19 years ago, 11-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Walmart sucks

(...) Tiberius? Derek (19 years ago, 11-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Walmart sucks

(...) Dave, there are a LOT of things you dont know about.... like .... ummmmm .... Calums middle name... THATS a secret. Chris (19 years ago, 11-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Walmart sucks

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Chris Magno wrote: <snip> (...) What??? There's a secret rtl handshake that I don't know about???? Sign me up!!! Dave K (19 years ago, 11-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Walmart sucks

(...) Dave, You know as well as I do, that as soon as someone posts about a good deal somewhere, that their are people who will go out and buy up every item, so that they can profit from it on some brick auction type sight. Thats why we DONT post (...) (19 years ago, 11-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Walmart sucks

So I visited a half dozen wall marts in teh area and none of them have the hockey set. eh... Dave K (19 years ago, 11-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Announcing: NQJ or Brick-it-Forward

(...) NOOOOOOOO! I could have used 144 of those to build a cape for my 12x Darth Vader! Derek ps. "NOOOOOOOO!" worst moment ever. (19 years ago, 11-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Announcing: NQJ or Brick-it-Forward

(...) I suppose if this is your idea of a good time. Far be it from me, an expert at wasting time, to suggest mailing around useless Lego pieces as NOT a good time. I have a bag of star wars minifigure capes I'm going to light on fire now. Calum (19 years ago, 11-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Announcing: NQJ or Brick-it-Forward

(...) Ah, the satisfying ring of a nail being hit on the head. Derek (19 years ago, 10-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Announcing: NQJ or Brick-it-Forward

(...) And the only losers are those who wouldn't know a good time if it bit them. (19 years ago, 10-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Ahhhh... memories

(...) Sniff... (wipes tear) wow. thanks Dave. Chris (19 years ago, 10-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact