 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 15219
Re: Has MOCPages been harvested for spam?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 17 Nov 2005 16:31:13 GMT

On Thu, Nov 17, 2005 at 03:28:38PM +0000, Rob Antonishen wrote:
But if you subscribe via email, the from is unmangled.  So a smammer
would just have to subscribe for a while and collect all the "from"
addressed (the reply-to is set to the mailing list, however) and bingo
- has a nice big list of valid addresses.

A spammer that goes to that muvh trouble to get our addresses cannot be
blocked by automatic tools.  All spamblocks are designed to protect
against generic spam bots, not humans or custom written bots.

--
Dan Boger
dan@peeron.com