 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 15216
Re: Has MOCPages been harvested for spam?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 17 Nov 2005 15:28:38 GMT

On 11/16/05, Larry Pieniazek at@at dot.dot wrote:
In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Gabriele Biffi wrote:

There's the same problem here on Lugnet: if you're reading this from the
Lugnet
web site, just look over the "reply" icon, there's a "View raw message"
link.
Try it...

The address shown for me is :

<lar(at@at)miltontrainworks(dot.dot)com> (that is, it's been mangled, if you
"view raw message" for THIS post you'll see what I mean)

But if you subscribe via email, the from is unmangled.  So a smammer
would just have to subscribe for a while and collect all the "from"
addressed (the reply-to is set to the mailing list, however) and bingo
- has a nice big list of valid addresses.

-Rob A>