 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 15248
Re: [rtlToronto] rtlToronto20 Draft Rules Posted
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 23 Nov 2005 04:23:33 GMT

Rob Antonishen wrote:

On 11/22/05, Calum Tsang  wrote:

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Rob Antonishen <rob.antonishen@gmail.com> wrote:

Questioning one of the "standard" rules....
"not firing bricks violently,"

What is violently?

Violently enough to hit a child in the eye standing at the edge of the table,
causing a trigger happy American parent to sue a nonexistent entity.

I know where you're going, I'm glad you're going there and all I'm going to
say
is that text was in there since rtlToronto3.

Calum

Hey - I took a 2x4 to the head due to my own stupidity in Balance of
Power and while painful, do not consider such an incident as violent
(so my judgement of violent may be a bit skewed).  That is why I
wanted to get a ruling on the definition of violently.

I choose to define violently as "in an uncontrolled fashion"...

-Rob A>

Yes Rob  building a "gun" to shoot blocks across the play area is a
valid way to TRY to get blocks into another robot.

In this case I think "violent" could be defined as having potential to
harm a human.

MORE specifialy.  it could be a safe assumption that if your bot can
launch a block over more than 8 feet of the play area, and still hit a
childs eye with enough force to cause injury.  THAT would be "firing
bricks violently"

This is just my opinion, and we rely on peers and audience to help us
decide on game day.

Chris